HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gearbox recon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 4:30 pm    Post subject: gearbox recon Reply with quote

i wwent racing last nite and was severly upset at my times and the fact that the new head was supposed to be all the fruit, i ran a best of 17.177, but i hurt the gearbox bdly and want a price for reconning it as i think i will either do that or slip in a celica box.

tjhanks Fish
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox recon Reply with quote

I have never done it, but I imagine it would be tricky to use the celica box. You would have to make a new mounting plate to suit the belhousing from 5mm thick steel sheet, and you will probably have to drill a few new holes in the bellhousing to suit the blocks holes. THen you will have the problem of different spline and length input shafts, and then you havet o find a clutch plate that sits within the gemini pressure plate, but on the toyota input shaft.

Your g'box must have been really shagged, I've been running standard 5 speeds for years will no actual breakages. My suggestion is to just get it recoed.

What else have you done to the engine besides putting fruit in your head?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: gearbox recon Reply with quote

well the engine is this
the block has been bored 60 thou
fully balanced double row timing chain
the head has 43mm sigma valves inlet and 35mm exhaust
mild crow cam crow springs.
umm but i think i might go the standard box and beef it up a bit
coz i dont think it like 5500rpm for over 30 seconds doing skids........ if you would like footage just emial me ben\
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: gearbox recon Reply with quote

hey ben i talked to CRs and they said it would be like 25 hours to make adapter up and he charges by the hr
so i will stick to the 5 spd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: