HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g180 mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 1:32 am    Post subject: g180 mods Reply with quote

hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to this stuff so I'm looking for a bit of advice. I own a 83 TG with a g161, webber carby, extractors and a sports exhaust. Anyway I'm looking to upgrade to a g180. I wanna go efi so can newer rodeo efi manifolds be bolted on easily? Will my extractors and the efi manifold fit on a g180 twin cam? What about fitting a turbo? Any help on possible problems I might have would be great.
Thanks
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: g180 mods Reply with quote

Ok... we've covered this ground before but you are new so the benefit of the doubt is yours...

If you want to fit a G180z (sohc) then you can use any rodeo/jackaroo/piazza EFI inlet manifold... if you want to use a G180W (dohc) then you will need a twin cam inlet manifold (adam's rule-o-thumb: use twin cam inlet manifolds on twin cams and single cam inlet manifolds on single cam motors).

As for modifications for a g180... assuming you fit injection (don't forget the cost of an ECU, fuel pump, surge tank and high pressure fuel lines), then if it is a 2.6 rodeo inlet manifold, pay someone to port it, any decent headshop could... as the runners are smaller (31mm) then standard gemini ports (34mm), and while you are at it, get the headported too...

Or better yet, find yourself an early model G161 head and have it ported, shaved and have the combustion chambers and exhaust ports polished... and if you have some cash get the combustion chambers ceramic coated... depending on what you do and don't do... somewhere between 9.5:1 and 11:1 static compression should be on the cards...
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: g180 mods Reply with quote

thanks mate, cant wait to get this started
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: g180 mods Reply with quote

Hi Adam!
Quick question, Ive got an EFI manifld how do I distinguish whether it is Off a Rodeo or Twincam engine??? IT sais ECGI on the side i Think!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: