HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

remote brake booster --(Ben Wight)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 8:10 pm    Post subject: remote brake booster --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Does anyone know of or have used a remote brake booster so that a short and straight runner twin sidedraught manifold can be used? I have seen these manifolds being used before, but didn't pay any attention to the brake booster.

Anyone know the length from carb mounting face to the manifold maounting face of a lynx twin sidedraught manifold, the one with the curved 's' shape runners made to clear the booster? It might be a redline, not lynx, I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers Fellas!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: remote brake booster --(ToTuff) Reply with quote

I run a remote brake booster on mine but I recon you would get away with using a resivor remote mount u can buy them from any decent spare parts place..
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: remote brake boo --(4BIDIN) Reply with quote

some real early tx come with no booster track one of these down and mount an aftermarket remote booster the boots the best place.
lynx make parallel inlets but for the effort the hp gain is piss all to the old sbend manifold.
but thats how its done if your keen.
hope it helps....
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: remote brake booster --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

From what I understand, the 'S' bend manifolds are designed to clear the booster, but you have to use a TX remote fluid resovoir with the TX master cylinder (and TX booster because they are different with respect to where the TX master cylinder bolts on). But the TX and later model boosters are the same as far as size and position.

Are you saying that you have a relocated brake booster, or just the fluid resovoir? If you have a relocated booster, who makes it, whats it off? What is the control system between the brake pedal and booster?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: remote brake boo --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

I would like to install a remote booster, but after talking to some brake places, it seems like a lot of hassle. Thus, I am considering using one of the 's' bend manifolds, with a TX booster/master cylinder/remote resovoir combination. I dont want to get rid of the booster alltogether, and I dont know of the components needed to fit a booster to an early TX boosterlees brake system, as I didn't even know they existed.

I dont like the amount of bending in the 'S' bend manifolds, they seem really bad for smooth flow. How do you know there is bugger all performance difference, have you read an article or something? I need mine to flow a lot of air, so I am thinking the 's' bend may be a restriction.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: