HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFI Twincam --(James)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 9:31 pm    Post subject: EFI Twincam --(James) Reply with quote

Just something I came accross in the Canberratimes Thought some1 might be interested.

GEMINI G200 EFI twin cam. $600. Ph 0403-498 873.

GEMINI, fuel inj manifold, with turbo charger plus parts $300 ono. Ph 0404 231 893.

THese are saturdays Stuff
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Twincam --(smee) Reply with quote

And what are parts like to get for these engines.
I thought head gaskets were hard to get.
You also need the twin cam gearbox don't you, cause the starter is on the left side...
Would look good in my TX coupe, which is slowly being stripped for a major rebuild.
I suppose I'll just put the old engine from my rally car into it,(spruced up a bit) fit it with the twin webbers, put the piazza rear end in and go from there.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Twincam --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Parts would be bloody hard to get coz no car was sold in Australia with it.. If you wanted a head gasket you'd have to find somewhere in Japan you can order it from or I think you can get a custom one made. Yer the gearbox is different too so it'd be good to buy one which comes with a gearbox and hope you don't blow it up!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Twincam --(4BIDIN) Reply with quote

4SPORT on the goldcoast make head gaskets for twin cam motors.
as for the gear box fucks me.
a g200 with twin carbs cam and exhust would go just as good and cheaper parts a dizzy cap for twin cam dizzy is about $45 trade price compare that to $5 thats just for starters.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Twincam --(CJ) Reply with quote

as for the gearbox once you have one and blow it up , you can do a straight swap for a standard box internals as long as you get the matching splines. unbolt the front half from both gearbox's and swap them over
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: