HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

300kw TG --(Van Fan)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:31 pm    Post subject: 300kw TG --(Van Fan) Reply with quote

In the latest copy of Zoom there is a series of photos from the 2001 Jamboree. One of the cars is an Orange TG and in the text next to the photo they say that it was previously fitte with an 1800cc Isuzu engine putting out 300kw and that they featured that car in Issue 26.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF ZOOM 26??

Can you please scan the article and email it to me or if you are in Brisbane can I get a photocopy of the article?

Julian
VanFan
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Sedan or wagon? sort of a pure straight orange colour? I have two zooms with big power orange gems, one is a carbied suck through 1600 sedan from QLD not an 1800 but allegedly pushing out big power.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(4BIDIN) Reply with quote

that would be dennis mobbs old wgn it has 2l turbo efi runs in the 10s
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

I just read that in Zoom. They have either made a mistake and meant to say 300hp, because 300KW is 400hp, Maybe the guy is running methanol with a huge turbo, because I am pushing for 300hp from a 2 litre, and I dont believe you could go much further past that with petrol.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(Sam S) Reply with quote

It is a G180 SOHC Turbo. 300kW is no mistake, I have seen it at Adelaide International Raceway, It can get into the 9s. It is fully drag prepared too, so it is no streetcar.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Do you know what his specs are? Is it carbed? Running petrol?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: 300kw TG --(stL) Reply with quote

if it is an orange 84 sedan with dragway billet wheels this would be Damian Foleys, used to be a 1600 block using a suck through turbo/sidedraft weber setup, at this years jamboree this car had an intercooler hiding behind its grill so i can assume he has changed to fuel injection, but not sure whether this has been fitted to the previous engine. this car was running mid to high elevens i believe, this may line up with the power claim from the magazine if it is unsorted, if not wrong car.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: