HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

running in --(Michael)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 8:51 pm    Post subject: running in --(Michael) Reply with quote

Hi Guys and Gals
What is the best practice to run in a newly rebuilt engine?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: running in --(Fish) Reply with quote

go and get some penrite running in oil and just drive normally for about a 1000 kms and the dropp the oil and put some HPR 30 oil in it.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: running in --(James) Reply with quote

When I got my engine I did the following.
Filled it with GTX3
Upon first startup I let it warm up to normal operating Temp Took it for a 15min drive (no more then 3000rpm) drove it home and let it cool down to deadcold (overnight).

Kept it at low revs for the next 500km's dropped the oil. New oil and filter, this time I allowed it to goto 3500rpm and after 2000rpm dropped the oil.

New oil and Oil Filter And Now im about 1500k's into this oil and Im revvin the engine as much as it should..

I didnt use running in oil as I was told by many people its not worth it but Was advised to use something thin like GTX3.

Hope that helps
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: running in --(Josh) Reply with quote

Also drive your car up hills hard... Make the engine work hard but don't Rev it high...
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: running in --(James) Reply with quote

Yes
kain it up hills forgot that part
Take of in first shift to 2nd,3rd,4th real fast and then u will be in low revs in top gea
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: running in --(Paul) Reply with quote

What if you have a 5 speed?? :)

Paul
Never late in a 308
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: running in --(James) Reply with quote

Then put it in first?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: running in --(James) Reply with quote

Then put it in 5th?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: