HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

big scoop or 2smlr1s --(chucky)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 8:10 am    Post subject: big scoop or 2smlr1s --(chucky) Reply with quote

hey if i cant have one hell of a big scoop
is multiple scoops legal???
i mean 2 of them
the smaller more areodynamic ones

does it look crap?????
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2000 4:49 am    Post subject: Yet more scoops :) --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

i would prefer the single scoop on a gem, BUT, if you want clearance, there is another way around it. (icq me and i'll explain it - 13366069)

You COULD have one huge scoop across your bonnet (wide but not high) and have only a few holes cut into the bonnet, so as to not ruin the structural integrity of your bonnet. OR, you could have 2 scoops, but i'd reckon they'd look much better on bigger, muscle cars.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2000 8:48 pm    Post subject: dont have ICQ! --(chucky) Reply with quote

whats the other way around it???
Is it legal???
i cant afford the car to be defected!
but i want it to look great so i can put stickers on it to advertise my website
Adelaide Gemini Homepage (url= http://www.geocities.com/geminihomepage )
Please help me on this matter as i will soon have some cash to spend on it!
thanks for yor help
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: dont have ICQ! --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Alright, see the picture on "http://members.xoom.com/morgbackup/scooptest.jpg", see how the cylinder hits the lower part of the scoop (that's in front of the large part). Now, in this diagram, if you continue to roll the cylinder up the scoop itself, it will not clear the other part, so, if you have a gradual gradient up until it reaches the scoop, as shown in "http://members.xoom.com/morgbackup/scooptest2.jpg"

If that makes sense (that is all the scoop shown, the bottom line of that is on the bonnet of the car.

The only thing that i can see being a problem here is viewing clearance.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 3:02 am    Post subject: thanks for the artwk --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the artworks
i think i got the idea
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: