HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wheel widths? --(TravTC)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: Wheel widths? --(TravTC) Reply with quote

Hey guys, i havent been here for awhile, and im not sure if tyreguy is still around. I think i heard just before i left that he was fired or something? Im sure he can still help, but i just put on some phat 13x5.5s today
they are old school styling kidney alloys with:
195x60 f's
205x60 r's
they seem to handle fine (they give more of a neutral steer), but the rears stick out from the sills just a tad (like 1/4 of an inch.
I gotta get it regist'd within a month and i will use my smoker 165's to get it registered. i was just wondering if there is anything wrong with driving round with rears that stick out by a few millm's?

thanks guys
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel widths? --(Tyre Guy) Reply with quote

TavTc Im still around. DIDN'T GET FIRED RETRENCHED!!!

The answer to your question is a very debatable through police and vehicle inspection centres. The main reason is they MIGHT catch on some thing and ultimatley blow the tyre causing problems.

How to fix it........Find some wheel specialty place where they can machine the back of the wheel

cheers Tyre guy
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel widths? --(TravTC) Reply with quote

Thanks dude,
how much would that prolly cost?
only 4, not 5.

If i did get caught, is it an offence or a penalty?
im pretty sure it would be a penalty?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel widths? --(Dave) Reply with quote

My mate got pulled over having some 13"x5.5" Cheviot Hurricanes sticking out of his guards. The copper argued that the wheels were out of track.

He gave my mate a warning, nothing else. I assume the worst you could get is a defect, but then again, the RTAs over there in the East seem really fucking heavy compared to ours, so I dunno.

Actually, the penalty in NSW for having out-of-track wheels is to impound your car and burn it with all the other killer cars they find, along with that week's marijuana busts, they string you up by your balls, and tickle that section between your arse and your balls with a feather. Then they go to your house and shoot your Mum. They make long distance telephone calls to other countries, then leave the phone off the hook for hours. They always carry lipstick so they can write on your mirror that you're a bastard, so your girlfriend sees it and breaks up with you because not only have you been having an affair, but the chick you're having an affair with thinks you're a bastard.

They slash the tyres on your pushbike, or remove them from your skateboard. They eat all your potato chips and, if available, Uncle Tobys museli bars. They use a brick to remote-control your TV and last but not least, they all take a dump in your toilet and not flush it. By the time you finally get bail for driving a car with out-of-track wheels, you're house smells like shit, your Mum's dead, your girlfriend's left you, you've got no transport, TV or chips. And your balls hurt.

And that's just a first offence.

Good night.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel widths? --(fastgem) Reply with quote

fucken cops...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: