HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DRAGIN VKs --(henry )

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:38 am    Post subject: DRAGIN VKs --(henry ) Reply with quote

A person i know rekons his standard vk will beat my worked 1.8L gemi.. have i got a chance?
anyone beat a EFI 3.3L vk commie ?
if so what sort of engine specks were i runnin?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(henry) Reply with quote

bit of a mistake, its ment to be
if so what sort of engine specks were u runnin
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(Matt) Reply with quote

i beat VB's VC's VH's and some Carbi fed VK's in my gem... its just a 1600 with a 32/36 webber and advanced timimg (so it likes to rev higher). so i think u'd have a chance.....
give it a go, should be good, write back to tell me how much u win by!!!

Matt
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(Paul) Reply with quote

It's just a straight 6 dude...nothing too special. They have a bit of grunt, but fuck, they're pulling a bloody VK commodore!!..those things weigh a fuckin shitload more htan a gem. As long as your gem has extractors, exhaust, cam and a decent carb, you shouldn't have ANY problems....

this is going on the basis that his VK is stock... ??

Paul
Never late in a 308
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(James) Reply with quote

I dragged my Mates VK(carby) tonight
didnt keep up
I got a worked 1.8 with a 32DFM weber
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(Matt) Reply with quote

FUCK! whats done to the VK???
(or did i drag a fucked one?)
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(WAY2LOW) Reply with quote

i reckon that a worked 1800 should beat an efi vk cause my calais wasnt anything special, used to drag off gemi's all the time, always close racing, in 1 drag this gemi wouldnt get away from me, but i couldnt get away from him either
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(james) Reply with quote

HE DIDNT KEEP UP
lol
he was behind by about 3car lenghts
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(henry) Reply with quote

yeah man the vk is stock .. dunno if its carbie fed or efi.
My gem is the blue TD in the gallery on the second page next to the gold gem up the top, i have all my engine specs in there..

thanks 4 all the replys guyz
cheerz
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(stocky) Reply with quote

you'll eat the piece of shit tank!!!!!!
he'll just be takin off when you're across the lights and waitin at the next set!!! easy, as long as you dont sit at the lights and smoke em up. If you're good enough you could prolly even play with the poor bastard, sit next to him for a while, laugh and then leave him for dead!!!!
go get 'im tiger!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(greg j ) Reply with quote

i'm running a totally stock 1600 excluding a 25/65 regrind cam, extractors and sports exhaust. so far i've dragged two vks... the game score thus far... 1 all... but i wasn't too far from taking a win, when i lost. had him in first....second.....but took too long to wind out third, he got the jump, and i was tailing him by a few car lengths from there. GO THE GEMI'S!!!!!!!!!!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(Matt) Reply with quote

ahh ok james, i thought it read U didn't keep up.... yeah well a 950kg gem vs a 1400kg (just a guess) commodore.... its common sense, commodores are big heavy ugly buckets of shit.... go the gemi's!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Hmmmm, not much of a scalp to claim.
Efi Vk's would be lucky to do a high 17 quarter.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DRAGIN VKs --(kev) Reply with quote

hey!!!
i had a vk once!!
top vehicle wasnt it!!
Smile
nah ur right they are pretty damn crap!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: