HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tints --(dustin)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 5:07 am    Post subject: Tints --(dustin) Reply with quote

what sort of money should i except to pay for a window tint
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tints --(kev) Reply with quote

There are some guys down here in Melbourne that will tint the car for $100. I hear that it is the cheapest, shittiest tint you can buy and that allthough it has a 'lifetime warranty' it will still fade and become pretty useless in a couple of years. I paid $300 for the tint on my VP Calais three years ago and it still looks brand new. Go's to show that sometimes you get what you pay for....
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tint spray --(dustin) Reply with quote

a mate of mine told me he saw some spray at auto barn called tint spray ????
he didnt have a close look ???
is it for windows ???
or just for taillights ect ???????
i not sure
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tint spray --(Kev) Reply with quote

Just for tail-lights my friend (instant defect notice here in victoria). If you tried to use that on glass it would just scratch off. The film they put on the glass these days has a high level of titanium which in give it the strength and scratch resistance.

Word of advice: If you are going to get your windows done, it might be worth also checking your window rubbers. Usually they are old and hard, which can scratch the new tint.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2000 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Window tint --(Paulo) Reply with quote

If only you guys were in Brissy then i could get you T20 tint (dark enough so you can see inside during the day under the sun), just for $275 or u can just get T35 dark as legal and then get another layer of T35 put on top of that!

I've had T35 dark as legal tint, it wasn't too bad at first but with the car allways being parked in the sun for 1 1/2 years then tint starts to fade so i've now got another layer of T25 on top and it's great, you can't see inside from outside!
If you know of anyone who does tint then ask them to get you t20. That's how i got mine! But BEWARE that it is elegal on most states!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Brisbane Tinting --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

When I eventually get my car back on the road, buy a rear swaybar, and save $515 I will look you up, that of course being $240 for weather seals/bailey channel rubbers and $275 for tinting.

You don't drive a bright yellow gemini do you?

Saw one at moss street the other day with rather dark tinting parked outside of a tinting place.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Brisbane Tinting --(GemGod) Reply with quote

Mate wherever charged you $275 for tinting ripped you off good and proper. I had my tx coupe done in a T15 shade tint for under $150 at Tint-a-Car at moorooka in brisbane. The tint carries all the relavent stickers saying that it is the legal limit T35 shade.

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Brisbane Tinting --(Paulo) Reply with quote

Nah, mine is white!

I had the tint put to the test on sat. night when a group of dark fellas got out and tryed to have a go at my mate at the lights. My mate went through the red light to take off and i thought i've done nothing so i'll stay here and one of them looked at my and said " Do u want some too?" I did't want to take off cause he was in front but he was walking around the back of the car then he just punched the rear door window. The window just shattered but no glass went inside cause of the tint! I got home and just popped the window out with the tint and bought a new one for $10 at the wreckers. Problem fixed! But pretty pissed off!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: