HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pollution crap --(Thomas)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:31 am    Post subject: Pollution crap --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Hey, does anyone know what pollution gear was fitted to the TD Gemini?? I've currently got a TF and its got shit all over it.. Runs like crap.. I'm looking at an earlier coupe.. Since the TD will handle alot better than the TX or TC due to RTS i'm wondering how much power it lacks due to emission controls?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Pollution crap --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

The TD gemini had a total of two anti-pollution measures, the hot air stove which none of us use and exhaust gas recirculation, To solve the problem with EGR, you buy a TX sports coupe exhaust manifold and have it fitted, then take off your inlet manifold, remove the egr and block the hole, a metal plate with some instant gasket will do the trick, or do as my brother did, fibreglass reinforced bog coated in silver metallic paint, looked factory and lasted 6 years so far.

The exhaust should regain some of the power, just spend the money you would have spent fixing the extra rust on a TX or TC on changing the cam on your TD coupe.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 2:28 am    Post subject: TD is good --(Paul Clausen) Reply with quote

As far as I understand the TD is the best model for standard performance as its the only one with the (mostly) pre-pollution motor, and RTS.
Althought maybe the TE is in the same boat?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:51 am    Post subject: TE's are good 2 --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey id go with a TE!
The commodore styled gemini are the best, but id put a td or older engine in it!
good luck with anything u get~!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Pollution crap --(Terry) Reply with quote

Well all the earlier ones (before TF) had the non pollution stuff. ie air pump. You can simply just blank off the air injection bullshit put keep the pump belt on so if ya go for rego, they dont knock it back.

Always worked for me
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: TD is good --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

TE is in a slower boat because it has exhaust gas recirculation and a shittier design head with small vales and ports, as well as larger cc combustion chambers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: