HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Sunroof = Lighter? --(Morgoth)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 2:12 am    Post subject: Sunroof = Lighter? --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Does the sunroof make the gem lighter or heavier? is it something you guys recommend to have or not?

Thanks,
Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 2:50 am    Post subject: Re:Sunroof = Heavier --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

A glass sunroof will undoubtedly be heavier than the piece of metal removed to allow it to be fitted, almost all sunroofs fitted to geminis are of this type, they can also harbour rust and when you roll they tend to break (my brother learnt that), that said if I owned a TE-TG style gemini I would probably fit a sunroof, added cooling ability and also I think it suits the body style. Then again, rust... also I don't think I could bring myself to cut a hole in the roof of any gemini I owned.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 3:10 am    Post subject: Re:Sunroof = Heavier --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Thought that would be the case if it was glass, wasnt sure if it was though... Would Plexiglass be an option at all?

Yep, definately suits the TE-TG, have yet to see one on a TX-TD.

What other things can you do to mangle the gem (in a good way)

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 3:26 am    Post subject: Gemini Mangling --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Gemini mangling, well, the obvious mangling is of course the ZZ/Z "bodykit", but you said "In a good way" so that isn't an option, you can fit TG bits to a coupe for a unique look, you can massively stretch the guards, you can go insane with the custom fibreglass like one I saw at the hyperdome a while ago, it was a monstrosity.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 3:42 am    Post subject: Gemini Mangling --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Gemini mangling, well, the obvious mangling is of course the ZZ/Z "bodykit", but you said "In a good way" so that isn't an option, you can fit TG bits to a coupe for a unique look, you can massively stretch the guards, you can go insane with the custom fibreglass like one I saw at the hyperdome a while ago, it was a monstrosity.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sunroof = uglier --(Paul Clausen) Reply with quote

If you guys are talking about those flip-up ones, they're way fucking ugly.
Also you cant use a car with an aftermarket sunroof in a proper CAMS run event as far as I know. There's some sort of rule with it that CAMS dont like.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sunroof = uglier --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

As I said, I doubt I could ever bring myself to cut a whole in my gemini, I wouldn't be surprised if cams had a rule against it, cutting a hole in a car is bound to weaken it by some finite amount and then adding some glass is just asking for trouble.

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 10:16 am    Post subject: Sunroof=LotsOfRust --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey i wouldnt bother with a sunroof
i bought a te with one and it leaked like crazy
So dont get a sunroof
true they sometimes look good but is it worth it?
Who wants no floor in there car???
if ya dont like ya cars floor get a sunroof!!!!!
I mean I got drenched whenever i dove in the rain and every single sunroof ive ever known either leaks, or eventually ended up leaking after some time. Either due to dents near the edge of the sunroof, or poor seals!
Do what ya want but i wouldnt get a sunroof!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 5:48 pm    Post subject: So very true --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Every single car with a sunroof I have ever been in leaked.

Geminis leak enough as it is (WHAT DO YOU MEAN EIGHTY DOLLARS PER WINDOW FOR NEW WEATHER SEALS!!!!!) adding a sunroof will make it ten times worse.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: