HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Z/ZZ over Std. Gem --(Morgoth)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 5:44 am    Post subject: Z/ZZ over Std. Gem --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

What are the differences (not performance-wise) between the standard Gem and the Z/ZZ Gem, there's a rusty Z/ZZ for sale in melbourne for $1k, is it worth getting one to do up, over a standard? ie. potential handling improvements, instrument gauges, seating, etc. etc.

Thanks,
Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Z/ZZ over Std. Gem --(Ben) Reply with quote

no don't bother, get a standard gem without rust you'll save a lot in the long run. the zzzzzzz had crappy wind splitters a decent front spoiler and a tacho (probably the only usefull thing)
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Z/ZZ over Std. Gem --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Yeah, the factory gemini tacho dash is the only original gemini part that us fanatics actually yearn for, face it, any other part is a common as, well, geminis....

Except for that darn tacho...
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Z/ZZ over Std. Gem --(Paul Clausen) Reply with quote

aren't they the only gemini that was delivered here with an lsd?
Thats what i read somewhere
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:04 am    Post subject: what the hell get it --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey i think you should get it!
If you really want a good project!
I enquired about getting my car kitted up to look like a ZZ/Z and i was quoted
$200 for the ZZ/Z front spoiler
$220 for the ZZ/Z boot lid spoiler
$200 for the ZZ/Z Mudflaps (extended style)(2nd Hand)
$242 for the ZZ/Z Mudflaps (new fibreglass)
$70 for the ZZ/Z Guard Splitters (2nd hand)
$100 for the ZZ/Z Guard Splitters (new fibreglass)

That works out to be about $700 2nd Hand or about $760 for all the parts without painting, decals (worth $50+ for non-origional copys) and the TACHO!

so id say why not get it and restore it!

anyway good luck if you do get it
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: what the hell get it --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

There is obviously something I am missing here, why did you want your car to look like a ZZ/Z?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 11:11 pm    Post subject: Obviously I like ZZZ --(chucky) Reply with quote

hey there adam
Obviously i like the look of the ZZ/Z!
Have you seen the ZZ/Z at GEMISPARES (Adelaide, SA)
It looks really great and thats what i would like my fiancee's gemini to look like!
Im not a fan of the Guard Splitters, but the rest looks great!
So Yeah I like the look of teh ZZ/Z!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:36 pm    Post subject: How is it said? --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Is it "Triple Zed", "Zed, Zed, Zed"
is the double Z before the slash? in which case, is it "Double Zed-Zed" or "Zed-Double Zed"

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 2:01 am    Post subject: sounds like zz/z --(chucky) Reply with quote

I think its said
"Zed Zed Slash Zed"
or
just "Zed Zed Zed"
but what i wanna know is what it sounds for?????
"Zany Zippy / Zippier"???
(laugh)
Na what does it really stand 4?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 4:26 am    Post subject: Stands for? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

What does it stand for? well like SL SL/E SL/X it stands for SFA, if it did ever stand for anything it is long since forgotten since everyone I have ever asked had NFI.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 8:59 am    Post subject: what SL Stands for? --(chucky) Reply with quote

SL in my books is Saloon or something similar!
SL/X.. the X stands for Xtras i guess
SL/E.. stands for the same ....
I guest thats right!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: what SL Stands for? --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Saloon meaning? i've seen this around places, what exactly does it mean? I've just taken it to mean '4 door sedan'

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:26 pm    Post subject: Tacho dash --(Terry) Reply with quote

Anyone want a tach dash for cheap??? Sydney
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: what SL Stands for? --(joe) Reply with quote

I always thought it was "Standard Line" then you get the variations "Standard Line Xtra" "Standard Line Extra"
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 3:17 am    Post subject: Standard Line? --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Standard as compared to what? other than the ZZ/Z (which was limited production, and not for most models) Standard Extra doesnt sound right, does it? Almost (if not) an oxymoron.

Derek

(ps. What weekend did you say you were going to do those modification tips Joe? Smile )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: