HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brake Adjustment --(Adam Gibson)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:17 pm    Post subject: Brake Adjustment --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Bloody hell, just refitted the brake booster and master cylinder, rebled the hydraulics, put the wheels back on etc.

So I go to adjust the pushrod length, "loosen locknut" done.
"twist pushrod to adjust pedal height" um, twist a shiny smooth shaft which is a big to twist even out of the let alone working up behind the fucking pedals???

Bloody hell, just wanted to share my pain, looks like I will either unbolt the pedals and adjust it that way, or unbold the master cylinder/booster from the firewall and do it that way.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 1:56 am    Post subject: Finished --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Well wasn't that fun. we unbolted the booster/master and moved it forward, wasn't too hard, but getting the clevis pin back through took some work.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Finished --(Paulo) Reply with quote

Hey do you wanna buy a fully rebuily master cylinder? I've got one that i fixed up with new pistons and all new seals and rubbers!
I had to change it cause the breake booster was fucked. I could have changed the master cylinder to the new booster but i couldn't be stuffed so i've just got it with no use at home!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Finished --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

You really should have asked a few weeks ago, before I paid slacks creek brake and clutch to fully rebuild my brake booster and master cylinder on gertrude. oh well, to late.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Finished --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I missed what was goning on. How come you have mooved your booster forward? I assume you mean toward the fron of the car?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Finished --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

That was to allow access to the pushrod adjuster nut, we unbolted the booster/master cylinder assembly, pulled it forward two inches, adjusted it, shoved it back in and bolted it up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: