HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

cheap mods. 4 TG gem --(chucky)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:53 am    Post subject: cheap mods. 4 TG gem --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey does anyone know some cheap modifications that i can do to my TG gemini????
Im looking at doing heaps to it eventually but due to my lack of money i cant do it yet!
So what options are out there for someone on a budget?
I have already removed the rear muffler (RESINATOR) and replaced it with some old 2 inch exhaust sections my dad had in his shed! Also I have had the car professionally tuned and all is well!
Id like more power and more saound!
I think ive got the sound fixed but the power is pretty normal.
Hope you can help me
any tips and sugestions would be great!
thanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: cheap mods. 4 TG gem --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Bang for your buck would be a camshaft, $100 or so from the mob near me for their stage 2 cam from memory, hung over drunken memory though.

Or find a TX sports coupe exhaust manifold, just make sure you get both halves, 4-2 AND 2-1....

Or for the price of a new headgasket have a go at porting and matching your head.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 11:14 pm    Post subject: thanks.exhaust cost? --(chucky) Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions
I really appreciate it!
i will try to save for a new cam soon!
but whats the tx coupe sports exhaust worth,
and will it fit onto a TG Sedan????
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: thanks.exhaust cost? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I paid $45 dollars for my TX sports coupe manifold including the two into one section, then bought a can of high temperature paint from autobarn, and a wire brush to go onto a power drill, now it is beyootiful.

You will need to have the 2-1 section welded onto your current exhaust but the manifold itself will bolt straight onto your head, it doesn't have holes for EGR etc so now is a good time to "rationalise it", if you wanna know how, just ask.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: