HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RTA Regulations --(Morgoth)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2000 11:54 pm    Post subject: RTA Regulations --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

What's the web address for this? (being stuff like : no car with a 4cyl engine from the factory can have anything over 3000CC N/A or 2500CC F/I) I saw it before, i cant remember the site though. And, i think that only related to NSW, is this australia wide? if so, what are the other states' regulations, vic in particular.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: RTA Regulations --(Thomas) Reply with quote

I dunno about vic but here is the address for the NSW RTA stuff.. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/manuals/registration/lvm/lvmfrm.htm

I'm pretty sure you can have over 3 litres in a 4cyl car because there are some Gemini's around with 3.8 V6s!!

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: RTA Regulations --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Under the old rules if you could get a certified automotive engineer to say it was roadworthy and complied with all ADRs then you were practically let off the leash to go absolutely nuts, I know it queensland this is no longer the case and I am under the impression the same is true in other states (uniform road rules et al)
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 1:39 am    Post subject: Regulations --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Also, In victoria, we have Probationary licence power and capacity/weight restrictions, but you're accepted from this if you can get a note from your employer saying that you need the high powered vehicle for the course of the job. Is this also the case with the RTA regs?

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Regulations --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

In QLD there is no probationary power and capacity restrictions, kids can drive a twin turbo supra on their Ps, I know a smarmy John Paul private schoolboy who is doing exactly that.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Regulations --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Nah none of that stuff in NSW Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: