HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Mod Plates? --(Paulo)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 6:41 pm    Post subject: Mod Plates? --(Paulo) Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you have to get mod plates when you change the 1600 to the 2L? I want to get this done ASAP cause i'm getting the 32/36 webber put on it and the extractors and i've heard that the QLD Transport doesn't like seeing webbers or extractors. So since it looks pretty stock with the air filter and exhaust manifold i wanna get this check out soon!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mod Plates? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Your local department of transport office (woodridge or mt gravatt) can point you towards a certified modification workshop, who for a fee will state that you have modifications which are legal, sound, safe and engineered well, they will then arrange for the plates, don't fit webers in particular before going for this, Also make it as clean as possible etc etc as if you were going for a roadworthy.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mod Plates? --(Paulo) Reply with quote

I've allready done them, and they said that it wasn't like a big swap cause i just told them that it was off a gemini, but it was actually off a rodeo. So they didn't give me any plates or anything. All they wanted was the engine number and that's it! They didn't ask for any internal mods and the engine does look all standard. I've also told my insurance about it and they asked my if it was off another different car, cause if it is then i had to take it to some mechanic to have a look at it. But i also just told them it was off my mates gem,and i had no probs!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mod Plates? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Very sneaky, very sneaky indeed, just make sure that you don't crash it, or if you do hope they don't notice.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: