HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Finished the 2L --(Paulo)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:36 am    Post subject: Finished the 2L --(Paulo) Reply with quote

Just thought i'd let everyone know that i've finished the 2L in the TE and it kicks ass! I heard that the 2L sump was different then the 1600's and that was going to hit the crossmemeber or the steering rack. But no it doesn't the only thing it comes near is the dip stick to the engine mounts. I'm getting a 32/36 down draft webber and i've already got the extractors that i have to put in with a 2 1/4 inch system! Should be all finished in 3 weeks!

If anyone can get a 2L engine then i suggest that's the way to do it on doing it up! Only things bad are heavier steering and when taking corners too fast the car wants to go understeer. But heaps of power to get it oversteer!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Yep, I am in the process of building my 2 litre donk, actually a g180 bottom end, but pfft, it will be a 2 litre when it goes into gerties engine bay.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Paul Clausen) Reply with quote

heavier steering? understeer?

I thought those single cam 1600's, 1800's, and 2 litres are externally much the same and physically the same weight?

r u saying its heavier than a 1600?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

The block shouldn't be much heavier at all, given that it is only half an inch taller, but it has much larger bores, thus countering the slightly taller block. Yeahh the only difference with the sumps is that they possibly hold more oil, or just the dipstick hole is in a different position, because the dipsticks themselves are different. Try cutting the rear springs a bit to stiffen them up (and conincidently lowering your car). This will eliminate the understeering problem. That webbers great and so is the specified exhaust sytem. I had the same carb and exhaust for a while and it was a good combo.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Paulo, please don't cut your rear springs, goto GSA wholesale suspension at aranda street near motorama and ask stephen for a set of king springs.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Paulo) Reply with quote

I can't cut my springs cause i drive with heaps of people all the time. 4 people in my mates gemini and he cut his springs (2 1/2 coils) and the car bottoms out everywere. I can get a set of Low king Springs for $95 at Repco for the rear and the same price for the front. Plus i like the feel of a real bumpy ride not a fake one! I would go Super Lows King's but everyone says and i've found out that king spring don't make super lows for gemini! Anyways that is in with the rest of the list!
1st. Tinted window done again! T20 over the one that i have now which is T35 (T35 is darkest legal)
2nd. Get the 32/36 webber put on.
3rd. The extractors and 2 1/4" exhaust system!
4th. Get king springs (low) on each corner!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Not that I really recommend chopping springs as the only way to lower a car, but trust me in that chopping the rears low makes them stiffer than you would ever want. I cust about 2 coils off each end of my rears and its just way too stiff. I'm going to get a set of stock ones heated and compressed (as well as cutting a bit off each end) so they sit the same height except a fair bit softer, or i'll splash out and spend about 100 bucks on a new progressive rate set.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Finished the 2L --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Keep in mind that almost all progressive rate springs are only progressive to ensure they are captive, and as such the progressive section is springbound 75%+ of the time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: