HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

LEGAL BONNET SCOOP? --(chucky)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 7:51 pm    Post subject: Height Rule SUX --(chucky) Reply with quote

I guess they had to make something up!
So i guess they decided to baffle us with some bull!
Oh well thanks for your help!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:01 pm    Post subject: cut bonnet=who cares --(chucky) Reply with quote

Seriously a roof is much moe precious than a bonnet, I mean I do agree partially with your comment about cutting a hole in your bonnet, but think about it, whats a bonnet worth to replace?????
I dont believe in SUNROOFS, because you have to cut a hole in your roof, which is harder to repair/replace than a bonnet!
So is the sacrifice of a bonnet really that bad, you can always buy another one!
I guess each to their own and i like scoops!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:10 pm    Post subject: The Easy Way huh? --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey gem
thats the easy way!
But will it get passed by the Dept. Of Motor Reg?
where did ya get your info from?
Thanks for your help!
and a special thanks goes out to ADAM GIBSON
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:25 pm    Post subject: GO ADAM --(chucky) Reply with quote

Good one ADAM
i guess you the sort of person who likes to be right and wont let things go untill everyone knows it, that what you said was true!
ANYWAY Thanks for all your help on the matter
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GO ADAM --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Chucky said "i guess you the sort of person who likes to be right and wont let things go untill everyone knows it, that what you said was true!".

Does it show?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 11:53 pm    Post subject: Bonnet Lifting --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Just thought i'd relay this story.. a couple of blokes i know ripped off a bonnet for a VH Commodore, although i dont believe the story, they say that they went along there with some tools and got it off, now, none of these guys are 'car enthusiasts' yet seemed to be able to get the bonnet open, and taken off, then ran down the road with it.

Seems very bullshitty to me.. how easy would something like this be?

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bonnet Lifting --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I know of a couple of ways, the easiest would be to install a custom cabin entrance portal, that is, throw a brick through the window, open the car, pop the bonnet, etc etc.

As for doing it without smashing the car up, if you could manage to pop it I suppose, but doing that could be fairly difficult, maybe just smashing the grill, maybe lots of things, I reckon given time I could make a tool to reach the bonnet cable, then with enough force...

But I won't explain my idea too much, geminis are too easy to steal as it is.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 1:00 am    Post subject: WTF??????? --(chucky) Reply with quote

what are you on about?
I can make sence of what you wrote!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: WTF??????? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Wasn't really meant to make sense, just saying how I think I could maybe get the bonnet off, but it was more a train of conciousness.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: please explain --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Seems you 'forgot' to read the post whereby they brought out a cylinder, rolled it up to the scoop, checked the height, and said 'yep, that's ok'

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: please explain --(NARDS) Reply with quote

Ok the guy means if you hit someone with the car the person is suppose to roll over your bonnet and eventually over your car. Thats the reason I thinking they do that roll test. Because if you hit someone and you have a scoop on your car the person will hit the scoop and maybe fall infront of the car and then run over. This I think is the reason they dont allow high scoops.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:56 am    Post subject: Made sense to me --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

For all it's worth.....

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:48 am    Post subject: whats the deal --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey Adam
I dunno what possessed you to talk about stuff involving or relating to stealing GEMINIS.
I think this is a low act and should in now way be condoned or aided!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:52 am    Post subject: lol@ADAM --(chucky) Reply with quote

Yeah i guess it must show!
I picked it!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:59 am    Post subject: I GET IT NOW!!! do I --(chucky) Reply with quote

Hey NARDS
that was the best answer anyone has given me so far!
I understand it totally now!
Thanks to adams diagrams and your explaination!
Im my words i would explain it as follows:

The legal height for a scoop is determined on the width of a cars standard cylinder, the cylinder was bought into the equasion to help find a height which would probebally keep the height at a reasonable level. The true reason of the scoop being legal if its too high, it in effect to reduce the chance of injuries to padestrians who become "Road Kills", hence be hit by the car! If the scoop is large the persons body may catch on the scoop and fall in front of the car causing more injuries, where the person would ricochet over a smaller less dangerous scoop!

Is that pretty much right
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: