HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TF / TG Debate --(Cam)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:57 am    Post subject: TF / TG Debate --(Cam) Reply with quote

Well thanx to a post early on in the debate, redbook.com.au I have found out the following.

1982 TE SL 4 door sedan 5 sp 1.6 was produced in 1982. I think this is my car. Note I said THINK!
TF SL was released March 1982. 5 sp 1.6.

Soo we are all wrong. Mine is obviously a bloody TE ! hahahaha. Well a lil bitta info for yas all anyways Smile

Oh and PAUL ! I am a SHE not a HE ... just so you know :Þ

I wil definantly have a closer look at my plates when I get home and check this out.

What was the sense in releasing TWO models in the one year. Sheeeeeesh !
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Todd) Reply with quote

maybe because one model had a particular problem...???

just a thought...

NOPE NOPE.... no doubt there.. DEFINATELY a TD Smile lol

Todd
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Dave) Reply with quote

Hey Cam,

Two models appear in the one year when one is replaced - eg your TE may have been built anywhere from Jan-March 1982, but then the TF was built from March 1982 onwards.

You'd know if yours is a TE by checking several things. For a start, the tail lights are blocks with a brake light up the top, and reverse lights and blinkers down the bottom. All bumpers are chrome with a rubber strip (no strip on base models). Dashboard is the same as the TX-TC-TD model, but with different instrument cluster. The front fenders include indicators, and the grille is composed of think slats and a small, red and silver Holden badge.

TF and TG models are almost identical, except for the differences described in my previous posts (TG front on TF SLX and TF front on TG base models - confused?).

Basically, the best way to cease all arguments is to open your bonnet and check the silver plate affixed to the firewall.

That will say whether it is a TE, TF or TG - it will also include the build date (month/year) and will also list some codes on it.

Then you'll know.

The book I've got is pretty accurate, and I've confirmed the dates printed against other data I've seen in my travels, so I'd bet this info is spot on. I don't trust a lot of internet sites, even if they are very matter-of-fact.

This is exactly the type of confusion my compendium, when complete, will clear up. It's going to be 99% accurate and an extremely good resource for enthusiasts across this site - I've just got to finish the bloody thing......

I'm working on it....

Dave
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Paul) Reply with quote

Yeah, I know you're a she, not a he...weren't you the dilusional one who started that whole "Women are better than men" post?? Smile I guess I just didn't look that far back in the TE/TF/TG/Whatever it was post to see who wrote the original message.

Paul
Never late in a 308
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Rodolphe) Reply with quote

Kinda on this topic... But... TE's went from 1979-1982 right ?? What are the differences between them ?? As I jave a 79 TE and I am picking up a free TE on Sunday (maybe) and I want to kjnow what I will be able to swap between them Surprised)

Cheers
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:22 am    Post subject: difference --(kizza) Reply with quote

ive got a 1980 te sl and a 1982 te sl and
the only difference that i can see between the two is that the earlier one has SL written in big letters accross the bottem of the door, there might be a few other minor differences though

kizza
always late on the deadly treadly
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: difference --(Rodolphe) Reply with quote

I have a 79 SLX Sedan... I am only pulling a few bits off - nothing major, I will then have a wreck in my yard. Mum is going to kill me Surprised(
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Cam) Reply with quote

Its a TF ! 3/82 is the plate date. In the garage it was a lot harder to see.

IT IS OFFICIALLY A TF ! It was still sold and advertised as a TG. Lame asses ripped me off Sad haha
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Dave) Reply with quote

Hurrah!

We finally have closure.

Dave
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Cam) Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA Have to admit .. seemed like some got a few things off their chest.

I was still jooped. The car I am certain was advertised as a TG ... assholes ! I wanna refund ! LOL
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Dave) Reply with quote

You're not the only one - my mate's TG was advertised as a 5 speed. It said 4 speed on the gear shift, and it certainly was a 4 speed. So where's fifth? Reverse is a gear, said the guy....
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Cam) Reply with quote

OMFG ! hahahahahaha oh man I am in stitches now. How dumb was the seller. WANKER ALERT ! hahaha.

I got forst dibs on my friends TG when she gets rid of it before March. Awesome nick really. Only a little rust in the firewall. Nothing in the sills and boot like mine.

Now I have my bike learners as well I am off to buy a boke. Shit, gonna have a car yard here soon.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TF / TG Debate --(Cam) Reply with quote

ifdahose
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: