HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cheap gemi?? --(Noony)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:08 pm    Post subject: Cheap gemi?? --(Noony) Reply with quote

hey i am new 2 this page so 1st of all i would like 2 thank the team involved with the site, i have been looking 4 a good gemi page 4 a while and havent been able 2 find any really.
i am in the process of buying 2 gemi's, the 1st is a TE with 12 months rego and all tyres brand spankin new, the price is 2000 ono, but i am sure i can get it 4 1700, it is from batemans bay and is not rusty, it has had rust issues with the floor pan, the whole pan was replaced 6 months ago.
what do u all think?
also, y'day i came across my bro's ex TD gemi, which he kicked ALL panels in during a fit of rage...sold it 4 600 bux it has a sports wheel with boss kit, mags and good tyres, y'day it got rolled 1 1/2 times by new owner and now i may buy 4 300bux, apparantly the big end is on its way out but all other components r fine, still has rego till march 2001, but has A HUGE defect sticker on it now, is it worth getting as spare and 2 replace things on the TE if needed??
thanx
Noony
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap gemi?? --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I would get it, we used parts from my brother's last TE while building gertrude.

He took it into a concrete barrier at around 100km/h, the front right was one foot shorter, the front left was two feet shorter, the engine/gearbox/crossmember had been pushed back about 2 1/2 inches, the radiator was wrapped clean around the engine, the guards were buckled and rubbing on the tyres in a BIG way, not helped by the fact that the left wheel was about 5 inches further back than it should have been.

This is the best part, with no coolant, hardly any steering, the tailshaft sitting at god knows what angle to make up for the engine getting pushed back, he DROVE IT ONE KILOMETRE TO GET HOME!!!!!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap gemi?? --(Noony) Reply with quote

great, thanx 4 da advice...was beginning 2 wonder if it were all worth the effort...

sounds like ur bro has some serious luck...or not really seen as though he crashed it 2 start with...
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap gemi?? --(Kev) Reply with quote

I've had A TE for just on ten years now (sunday car now) and am currently restoring the first TD wagon that was made (no bullshit!). TEs are great if you want to look a little bit different to all the TGs out there. Seems everyone wants to drive a car that looks like a VK!!!!

If you want my advice, grab the TE drive it. Grab the TD - wreck it and keep whatever is usable. Just don't whack it into a wall!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: