HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gearboxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
]{orupt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: gearboxes Reply with quote

hey i was wondering if u can fit a 5 speed celica gearbox and if you can is it to much fucking around. also is the rodeo 4zd1 2.3 a straight bolt in job with out fucking around with mounts and shortening tailshafts. cheers maddog
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: gearboxes Reply with quote

I'm not speaking from personal experience, but i recall reading posts that staed a diesel crossmember mounts are correctly placed for this mod. If this is right, this means the regular petrol crossmember mounts wouldn't line up correctly.

Why would u want to fit a Celica box? Unless treated harshly the Gemini box is pretty sturdy. They don't break if not abused.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: gearboxes Reply with quote

What about if they are driving with 130rwkW?
GEM184

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: gearboxes Reply with quote

i have a celica box in a gem that i own just sitting in the back yard.. the hole in cut out and the box sits back a bit towards the handbrake.. did have an SR20DET in it hence the need for a stronger box but now just has a G180 bolted up to it.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: gearboxes Reply with quote

Rode in a TC turbo Coupe with 200rwkw with std 5 spd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: