HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g161z workshop manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

How much do you think these are worth?
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

All the Engine info is in the Gregory's manual for the TD Gemini, Book number 191 i think , mine cost me near the $30 mark a few years back now, not sure on current prices though.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

They're pretty much worth their weight in gold man.
I was constantly wishing i had one for reference, and kept 'borrowing' my brothers TG one. Even tho i have a TX it was still very helpful for confirmation on things, and it was a good read for satisfaction of my curiousity. I ended up scoring my own one offa E-bay for like $10, which is extremely good coz the TX ones are no longer in print.
They're constantly being sold on E-bay for around that price, so grab one while u can. Brand new they're like $34.95 - $39.95. I dont know what the 'Haynes' series is like, never looked @ one, but the Gregorys does fine.

Anyone seen what the Haynes is like compared to the Gregorys ???
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

My EX got one off ebay for 4 or 6 dollars i think. its all good apart from greased pages! lol
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

Go to http://groups.msn.com/IsuzuPlace the 2 newest pictures are the manual i have
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

If you're talking about the actual Isuzu Gasoline g161z manual, I wouldn't have the faintest idea what its worth, though I daresay it would be far more indepth than any Haines or Gregory's would ever be for the motor. The Haynes\Gregory's manuals are worth around the $30-40 mark brand new nowadays, though they can be seriously annoying to track down. Just my thoughts, comments and opinions. Cheers Smile
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

I just got 2 workshop manuals today for the bellett, engine and chassis (chassis is everything except engine), fully illustrated and in english.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: A fair bit... Reply with quote

I reckon that you could sell it for like $60+ as its not just a Gregory's manual, it is every single bit of info that you will need for a g161.

Just my thoughts, i reckon you could find someone that would buy it for over 60 bucks.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A fair bit... Reply with quote

Got it for $5 on ebay (no reserve).
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: A fair bit... Reply with quote

Hahaha bargain! Well they are bloody rare as, can't get em anywhere...lol well nearly nowhere, only eBay.
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: g161z workshop manual Reply with quote

Gee this makes me feel like a lucky bastard. When my mum bought her TX gem off the showroom floor back in 75/76 she got the isuzu workshop manual for the gasoline engine (G161z) and passenger car chassis (PF50). Surprisingly enough the books were still around 25 years later when I bought my gem - and they are heaps better than the gregory's (which i also have).

From memory they retailed for about $50 each back then, which is equal to a shitload today.

Hope this helps somehow - but I aint selling mine!

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: