HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

paint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: paint Reply with quote

hay all just wondering how many liters of paint you had to use to paint your gemini's im about to paint my gemini a awsome orange the interior is nearly finished in orange with black highlights and turbo motor is almost done sorry no pics yet
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply with quote

4L
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply with quote

are you sure i was told around 8
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply with quote

its 4L
ninjagarth
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

hey what about a TX coupe including engine bay as extra as im gonna spray mine a white with a blue pearl!
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

Are you going acrylic or 2 pak? My TG took just under 7 litres in acrylic including spraying in the boot and doing the engine bay. 2 pak would require less paint, more $$$. Better to buy more paint and the same time rather than running out and having to get more mixed another time. Its never quite the same colour match.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

Bearing in mind that when you buy 4lts of colour, you then mix it 1:1 with thinners to spray it giving you 8lts of paint...
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

Last edited by ATG23Q on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

I bought 6 litres of paint so if i ever smashed my car up i'd have the colour on hand. I used 7 litres worth thinned down. And the extra that i've got could probably do my car again.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

also depends on the gun u are using, hvlp guns use less paint than the gravity fed which uses less than the suction fed guns
ninjagarth
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: paint TX coupe Reply with quote

i might do it in candy apple yellow or green or blue l8r but i probably will just do it in acrylic for now or even somtin really cheap as my sis will be learning in it for the next year or 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: