HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virtual-R

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

CAN anyone help me with sum ideas on what could be giving me bad vibes ? i just replaced all the balljoints , suspension , bushes /springs/ shocks / swaybar "wheel bearings" & just purchased new 17's with new 205 40's that where ballanced too...but i have this bad ass vibration & shudder in the steering wheel , it starts at about 70 kmh & gets really bad at 80 ! its my 1st car & i have spent a fortune on it & i'm too scared to drive it Sad any ideas would be appreciated thanx...
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

check the crossmember bolts and the bolts that hold the tailshaft together, my guess is that they are loose, tighten them up and you might have your problems all solved, hopefully.
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

And if its pretty low take out the spacers between the torque tube bracket and the floor
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

its a bent torque tube man,

go to a wrecker and get urself another torque tube, but take urs of first coz there a few different types of splines on the join to the diff. you want to be sure you get the right type.

and to prevent it happening again, take out those spacers between the bracket and the floor. and don't take off hard with people sitting in the back. too much stress and wieght is what kills your torque tube.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

if taking out the spacers doesn't fix it you may need a whiteline diff allignment kit to make further adjustments. costs only $12.50 from the whiteline website (plus $14 courier OUCH)

hope this helps
NeWaZ
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

must be a problem with geminis and 17s Sad
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

I can't see how a bent torque tube is gonna make the steering wheel vibrate?
The problem is that the center hole on the wheels is too big for the centering ring on the mounting face.. You need centering rings with 57.1mm ID and OD whatever the size of the hole in the middle of the wheels is.
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: BAD ASS VIBRATION PROB??? Reply with quote

bent torque tube makes the whole freaking car vibrate....

GUYS you're talkin to some one that has actually DONE this, i didn't "hear it from a mate"

I am telling you that its the torque tube.

and btw i've had 17's on my car for a while and that has nuthin to do with it.

and wheel bore sizing would have this effect also but you would also have your wheel working its way loose in a matter of minutes so you wouldn't really be driving anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: