HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fitting a Spiggot Bearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denial

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Fitting a Spiggot Bearing Reply with quote

When fitting a Spiggot Bearing how far into the Crankshaft does it go?? Is it All the way till i cant go no More??
Or flush with the End of the Crank???

Thanks guys Julian
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting a Spiggot Bearing Reply with quote

It goes in until it is flush with the crank.
Denial

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting a Spiggot Bearing Reply with quote

Are you sure about that, When i try fitting the 5 speed It will go and then stops, Like it has 10mm left to go then wont Go in any further
Realy Anoying me
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting a Spiggot Bearing Reply with quote

they go all the way into the crank, thats how the bearing centres
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting a Spiggot Bearing Reply with quote

it shouldnt be the spiggot bearing stoping your gearbox from going on, either your teeth arent lined up and it wont go into them, or they are lined up and its all on good, to solve the extra 10mm but a couple of bolts in either side of box and motor and tighten them up, the gearbox should then come flush up against the motor, this is what happened with me once before so i tried it again last week when i had to, and whala it worked, so give it a go. Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: