HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I pick up my new gem tommorrow!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

Finally after about 6 months I pick up my new gem, and I can't wait Very Happy
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/gemini1.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/gemini2.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/gemini3.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/P1010021.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/P1010022.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/P1010023.jpg
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/images/leon/P1010024.jpg

I'm getting it for $1800 NZD, so it's an ok buy. No rust at all and minimal things that need fixing. I'll prolly keep you all updated with how it goes by asking annoying questions.

Cheers,
zep
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

ITS A MACHINE!!! ALL THOSE V8 BOYS BETTER WATCH THEIR BACKS Razz

nah, i see its got potential. good luck with it.
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

cheers bro,
i'm pretty excited aye, it's been a while since i had a good drive in a gem. The older ones are pretty damn rare in NZ too so its pretty cool. Most people had no idea what my TD sedan was when i used to drive that around, so i'm guessing this'll be even stranger to them. It's all good.

I have a bit of money to work with this time too, which is good.
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

its nice keep the mirrors were they are too
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

Is it an Isuzu? Coz im pretty sure those mirrors never came on a Holden, If you ever want to sell them, can you email me?
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

there factory
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

Yea, it's an isuzu and those mirrors are factory up there. My sedan also came with the same type. I would sell them to you, but it might not be worth it sending them from New Zealand over to you. It's up to you, I'll be taking them off anyway becuase I don't really find they work that well for me, so if you want them there may be a bit of shipping coasts involved.
cheers
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

COOOOLL!! Original TC's in that good nick are hard enough to find here as well. Mainly because there were stuff all TC's made compared to all the other models.
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

Yea, i've only seen 4 coupes in my life, and surprisingly, less sedans of the older model gems (about 2). They are very rare here. It's even hard enough finding a g200 Razz
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

nice dude. let us know if yu need anything i got couple spare coupes Very Happy

racegem ive got a pretty smick TC coupe in the shed next to the racecar and thats next to my other TX coupe :d
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I pick up my new gem tommorrow! Reply with quote

Original Fish??
My first car was a TC Coupe, Absynth Yellow with the original 4 hole hubcaps and vertical slot grille, exactly like zeps. Tossed the caps for mags, bashed the guards so the tyres didn't scrub, cut the grille to fit driving lights, fitted a half cage... if only I'd known then what I know now. Smile
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How much do you want for them? Reply with quote

The mirrors.
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How much do you want for them? Reply with quote

I wouldn't have a clue what they're worth. Make an offer.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How much do you want for them? Reply with quote

I dont know either, $60 bucks for both?
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How much do you want for them? Reply with quote

sweet, thats all good. I'll make sure I take them off carefully and i'll email you when I'm ready to send them over, ok?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: