HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

electric ignition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: electric ignition Reply with quote

Hey all, I've been rounding up all the bits I need to convert to one of those kits with a hall effects sensor. I've done the search and found lots of info, only I don't want to pay the $75 of a camira dizzy just for the rotating vain thing. Does anyone have pics they could email to me of the actual hall effects sensor and the rotating vain set up?

I was thinking about using a piece of perspex with a piece of metal attached to one point to trigger the sensor, instead of buying the camira dizzy. Does anyone have any comments/improvements on this idea?

Cheers
Greg
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: electric ignition Reply with quote

woops, forget my email. greg_td@hotmail.com

I already have the dick smith kit and the hall effects sensor, now I'm just working out what I can make to trigger it, and was wondering what other people had done.

Cheers
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: electric ignition Reply with quote

Bosh used to sell the gemini rotor button with a metal disc that has 4 notches on it to trigger the hall effect sensor. Check at your local Autobarn or Repco store, cos they may still be available. This is what I have used in my electronic dizzy. They are rather expensive though.

Cheers,
Matthew
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: electric ignition Reply with quote

Yeah on a setup I used to use it was on of those types but it came from a holden red six, si the plate was brass and I just cut new slots and soldered up the others.

you could make one up quite easy just a circle with 4 slots and glue it to the bottom of your rotor button

chees
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: electric ignition Reply with quote

Hmm, I'll look into the repco option, otherwise it looks like it'd be just as easy (and cheaper) to make myself a metal disk with the notches. How large at the notches? I'd assume they're the same width as the actual sensor?

Thanks guys
Greg
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: electric ignition Reply with quote

Yeah you still can get them from bosch. They were about $60 or something last time I got one.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: electric ignition, Bosch is a bitch... Reply with quote

You can still buy everything for the original Electronic Ignition conversion kit except the ECU. The wiring and hall effects kit and the rotor are all still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: