HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Holden V6 into TG Gemini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trent083

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

Does anyone here know of someone that has done a conversion such as this, I know V6 conversions in moree has a kit but Im after a little bit more information such as transmission (T5 or TH700 as v6 conversions has suggested) if anyone has used these transmissions along with some other driveline combinations like differential and what not, Im just after general feedback at this stage from people who have done a conversion such as this and people who can offer any advice what so ever.

Thanks

Trent
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

search maybe? look up ^^
Trent083

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

Search here or is there somewhere recommended?
Voiz
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

I believe he means search the forum... this question prolly gets asked alot! the link for the search is up top near login.profile etc...

A mate of mine 'started' or even better yet 'attempted' this conversion before he started he went over and showed me what he said needed to be done... from what i can remember it no-where near worth the effort or the $4000+ for the conversion. Strut towers must be replaced... gearbox tunnel isnt wide enough, diff alot of modifiying, the list goes on...
get the point?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

wow cool. what kind for gemini comes with struts??

-------
u mean shock towers, and they DO NOT need to be replced, i kow a guy runing a v6 in his gem and it fits eay inthe engine bay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

Just after I posted this I sent an email to Pat from V6 Conversions in Moree in regards to what the other modifications are to complete such a conversion running the manual or auto box, as for a diff, I have a few ideas in my head at the moment
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

as for gearbox's... manuals are awsome but the v6 has a fair bit of torque so an auto would be ok... manual would be scary on a wet road but
Voiz
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

fair enough. what v6 is that? my point still but remains... why bother?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

plus if youre too cheap to shell out for a nine inch (just kidding, overkill anyway), ive been informed that a hilux diff is the way to go
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

yeah biggest waste of money

3.8 buick v6
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

they both cost around the same anyways
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

yeah? there you go
Trent083

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Holden V6 into TG Gemini Reply with quote

A waste of money, Id rather spend a little money and be different than spend a shitload and be the same as some of the guys that are putting rotors and sr20s into geminis, not that they are a bad thing of course, I looked into the conversion because I want to be different, that and is reasonably easy to come across the buick v6 at a reasonable price and get it rebuilt by a friend (the same one who would be doing most of the conversion mechanics) for a decent price, 6 or 7 hundred for a motor, 1.5 - 2k for a mild rebuild, 1.6k for the conversion kit, roundabout 2 - 2.5 for paint and transmission tunnel work, diff bout 2k or less around 130 rwkw and a shiteload of torque in a car that weighs bout 950 kilos, priceless!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: