HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Legalities of…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIRTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Legalities of… Reply with quote

What are the legalities of removing the rear seat and covering it with carpet? (TF)
Does it have to be taken over the pits? And permitted? (I’m from WA)
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Legalities of… rear seat removal Reply with quote

What exactly do u mean ?? R U talking about removing the back seat alltogether and carpeting the void left after to instal subs or lighten yer car? Or actually covering the back seat with carpet & re-installing it (hey, i have seen weirder shit happen)?
In QLD it's a no-no, i had my back seat out to fit parts in the car (didnt want to damage the interior), while it was going through RWC procedures. They told me to bring the seat back in when i collected the car otherwise they weren't going to approve it.
I'd say u could take it out permanantly but u might have 2 get a mod plate for it. WA RTA would be a better place to find an answer, give em a buzz.
SIRTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Legalities of… rear seat removal Reply with quote

RiCE Boi – Removing the back seat all together, I don’t like the rear seats in there and nor do I like people in the back (I no I should have bought a Ute!!!)
I never considered that it would lighten the car, but if it does, that’s an added bonus.
I might have to ring the RTA tomorrow and find out for sure.
Any more input would be great.
Thanks.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Legalities of… rear seat removal Reply with quote

Is this a sedan or a wagon? Coz i think a sedan would look stupid without the seat there
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Legalities of… rear seat removal Reply with quote

yes u need a mod plate to make it a 2 seater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: