HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Twin-Cam ignition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voiz
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Twin-Cam ignition Reply with quote

Hey all you twin-cammers
has anyone ever had ignition problems eg dizzie probs... well if not and when u do come across you will find that it is nearly impossible to find another original...
Im looking into another option ive heard of people modifying there dizzies and had my done which performed OK for a while... but not good enough.
Has anyone tried using a crank position sensor? or something similar... any help much appreciated
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin-Cam ignition Reply with quote

i'm just about 2 adventure in to that problem. at the moment i have a modified gem dizzy, but i can't use that with my delco comp setup. So i and getting a dizzy made, using a je camira multi point dizzy, and my modified gem dizzy. i'm gettin all the internals from the je dizzy and putting them in my modified one. making a electronic gem dizzy, with a crank angle sensor in it. that should solve most of my problems.
Voiz
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin-Cam ignition Reply with quote

"with a crank angle sensor in it"
im talking about a hall-effect sensor setup on the inside of a modified crank pulley which will send the ignition timing to a coil pack (alot more power).
bah,
i already run a je 2.0lt camira comp remapped for my system (very crap setup trust me)...
i also dont have a clue what my dizzie housing is from but i dont think it is a original as it has no vacuum-advance
the serial # is D4P80-01 2503 does anyone know what thats off? and the gemini dizzy shaft doesnt fit the twin-cam
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin-Cam ignition Reply with quote

If you can get hold of a digital camera can you email me some pics of the dizzy by itself (or a close-up) to Stock_TE@hotmail.com, and I might be able to tell you what it is off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: