HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Moving front shock piviot point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

Ok so here is how it goes, I have 16" rims with 205 tyres and they rub the shock when the car is jacked up. I also hate the hard ride so what would happen if cut the shock bracket off the top control arm and moved it in about 30mm??? and TIG welded it back in place? Worth a try or what? I can make a new shock braket if i have to thats no drama coz we have a hydrabender at work...
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

If u can do all that, then why dont ya just change the offset of the rim with a welded & grub-screwed spacer and get the gaurds lipped lightly ? Seems like an easier and cheaper option duder.
Live Fast, Die Sideways !!!
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

Mmmm thats harder than me cutting a little bracket and re welding it and getting spacers isnt going to make the shock work more
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

i was more trying to give u ideas on how to stop the tyre rubbing on da shock duder.
If u want a softer ride, then sell your hard shocks and put some xtra dosh towards softer ones. Or even look at getting softer springs. If u change the shock mount location an engineer would be ya best bet 4 advice, it doesnt sound like the kinda mod theyd like and they might have to approve it. Say u get hassled by da boys in blu 4 some reason & they make u go over the pits, u need 2 know if that kinda mod needs aproval or not otherwise the roadworthy dude might knock u back. *shrugs*
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

I dont even think they would notice man... but anyway i got a spare set so I might try it... thanks anyway man
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

wont work as well. changing the geometry in the front eand is a no no.

get rims wit the right offset and u will be fine. im runing 17/45/215 no scrubbing
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

what offset genos?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

44, same as n14 pulsar
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

I'v already got new rims... I'm gonna try it anyway cant do that much harm
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

yeah u will be thinking that when your fucked up in to a tree.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving front shock piviot point Reply with quote

lol yeah from just moving a shock mount 18 - 20mm hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: