HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim_1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Fuel pumps Reply with quote

Anyone know which pump is best electric or manual.
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps Reply with quote

My own personal preference is for the Electric fuel pump, as it gives you one more area that you can add a killswitch\immobiliser\alarm to help prevent theft of your gemini. This is particularly handy, as if someone does manage to steal it and drive off with only the fuel in the carby bowl, then once that fuel runs out, the car stops, and they've got little chance of restarting it. Of course, the catch-22 is when you forget to disable your killswitch\immobiliser and drive off without realising, you feel like an absolute moron when you realise what you've done. That said, I've had only ever had one mechanical fuelpump die on me. Just my thoughts, comments and opinions. cheers Smile
Jim_1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps Reply with quote

Thanks for your input,it was just that I am putting another motor in and it has a manual pump and my old motor electric,but you are right about the kill switch I do have one fitted,on your advice I will stick with the electric,thanks again.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps Reply with quote

yeah stick with electric saves the hassles of changing over when the manual fucks up. and it makes it easier to fit bigger pumps too. i now run a carter 75gph one of the stock line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: