HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

cam advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: cam advice needed Reply with quote

hi, here are my cars specs (engine)

g180
balanced and blue printed bottum end.
ported and polished head
flat top pistons
stage two cam

4 into 1 pacemaker extractors
2 & 1/4 exhaust system

not sure about the carby. Its a stock nikki but i have the feeling it has modified.

Anyway, i really want to upgrade my cam. Would this help or hinder its performance? what sort of gain or loss would i get from doing so? im thinking a stage 4 crow cam?

I did originally want to do a suckthrough carby supercharged setup but it wont be to leagal so i have threw out that idea.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: cam advice needed Reply with quote

Anything much bigger than a 30/70 and you really should upgrade the carby, esp if you give the tacho a floggin. See if u can find out more bout the carb like if it definately has been modded and wat was done 2 it.
do u drive da gemi hard enuf 2 take full advantage of that size cam u want ?
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: cam advice needed Reply with quote

i drive it like i stole it.

would a single webber do? I dont really like the idea of a mechanical secondary like on a webber but...
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cam advice needed Reply with quote

sorry if i sound like a wanker saying "stage 2" etc. Thats just what i was told it has. Im assuming it just has a mild cam

anyway, here is the cam im looking at:

http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates/Catalogue-Gemini-OHC.shtml
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: cam advice needed Reply with quote

Thats the cam I have, bought it about 4 weeks ago but i havnt installed it yet man so I cant tell ya much about it. I got the timing chain set as well... All up I paid $330 inc gst so dont pay anymore than that. I did the run around to get that price
BLO20L
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: cam advice needed Reply with quote

just supecharge it and EFI very easy and goes hard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: