HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RIP BLUE GEMINI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

yep official i blew the gemini up

comming back from enchanted managed to get onto the surt high wya was going fine just sitting on 100kmh
all the dust blowing off the car cruising along than puff a huge cloud of smoke out the back, pulled over and opened the hood oil fucken every where

this was 15 km past truro about 100 kms from town

lucky a mate picked us up who was on the same way home

i think its just seals or something as it didnt over heat or nothing and the oil wasnt white, also the car park we drove through dust every where the engine bay is absolutely covered in dust so maybe dusnt into carby???

well looks like im gonna be driving the yellow gemini b4 its really ready
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

That sucks man. My mate took his twin-cam Celica there and his engine bay is still covered with dust. He took the ramflos off of his twin webers and shitloads of dust came out. Are you wrecking the car for gonna fix it?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

i dont know what im gonna do yet
im regestering my pano today so i can get to work and stuff

but yeah we may souce a spare engine for it or take it apart and see if it is just the seals ???

the oil was all in the air filter though big time so i reakon the rings have fallen to pieces
here are a couple pics i just took, shit camera though and you cant really see all the oil thats all over the engine and engine bay

http://users.tpg.com.au/summers1/blown.htm
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

looks like a busted piston and or rings
tunnel vision
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

U gunna come along Sat night with ya van to the M/Ville Racecourse 5-30 Sat night?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: RIP BLUE GEMINI Reply with quote

um i may do but i doubt it as its a panel van but with windows so yeah, plus i dont know how reliable it is yet
we will see.

yeah i was thinking cracked piston to
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: