HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Who was it that got that figure, saw it on the board, second i beleive was SHEEL with 150. I just want to know what turbo that guy was running, it was on a 1600.
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

it was andrew, he runs a t25.
my figure was 153 too, dont be forgetting that 3.
andrew is running 18 PSI and i was running 16.
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

oh nice! I'm going to be running at T25 also, sweet. Is he on the forum? I want to know what engine work he has had done. Sorry sheel, 153, fuckin nice effort, well done. Wait till next time, i'll give you guys a run.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Where can the results be seen?
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

they'll probly put them on the SEGCC site www.geminicarclubvic.com
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

i belive that sounds like Andrew Beaton's lpg gem.

look it up, its on the mod gallery....Eggy is his post name.

he runs a gt-25 b/b turbo @18psi with a GRA 350cfm t/b. in a blow thru setup, using a cut down truck intercooler.

1600, 30 thou o'bore, o-ringed block, balanced bottom end, shotpeened + beam polished rods, vl pistons, piazza/rodeo elec ignition- this car scares the shit outta me every time i get in it.

it also has a 9" lsd under the tail, a diesel g/box and a 4puck solid brass clutch.

crazy.

rob.
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Thank to all the you, who came down to either put your car on or just to have a look. Results should be up on the website soon. We took some video as well, which we will try to get up on the site , no promises about the video. check the site for updates wwww.geminicarclubvic.com
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Yeah that was my Gemini

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=235

I now use the name GasGem...

Well done to Sheel has has done a lot of custom work and looks like he has the potential to get some higher figures in the future...

cheers
GasGem
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Yes an awesome day. I had a ball. Hey EVLJT where can i purchase a copy of the video. I just want some footage of my car on the dyno as i forgot to take pics????

Thanks
Sam
CoupEME
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

how did you do your panard rod?
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

Ey guys I got 55 HP out of my stocky!
lol
IYK591 the red1 with the Fr simmons on it.
My mate done some video on the thing but he deleted it by accident any1 get my car on the dyno or pics of it?

my email is joeysgem@hotmail.com
it was a red TC sedan.
thanks guys
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

thanks andrew, i am pulling the engine out really soon so with new internals and some headwork/cam/ignition recurved/turbo highflowed, it will be interesting.
saturday was a good indication of the end result i am aiming for, a nice progress report if you will.
your guidence helped me get it there so thanks heaps, you saved me lots of headaches.
wish i had of got a ride in your car tho, maybe next time.
daniel
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Melb Dyno Day - 157rwhp Reply with quote

yeah no problems

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: