HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Bah my new gem just died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Bah my new gem just died Reply with quote

the battery light has been on all day and i dint notice the volts drop and the car cut out and the battery went dead when i has half way home from the pub. luckily i limped home. the fuckin heavy dudy battery i bought is shit. im pissed off now. better have a look at it tomorow. grr.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died Reply with quote

are you sure its the batery

it could be the altinator
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died Reply with quote

well it was fine with my old battery then this one just died in the ass.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

Snapped fanbelt. Luckily my coupe had a fanbelt in it so i just wacked that in and shes goin now.
ninjagarth
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

hey ne way u should get a optima it will last longer then the car i had 1 in a bmw for 3 years just sittin there and i started it up to get on a trailer first shot it turned over no jumpo notin yellow top is what i use!

G
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

lucky u didnt cook your motor too
yeah get an podessy i got mine for $190 650 CCA
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

Yeah I know. It sounded better for some reason, no rattles or shit like that cause my motor rattles like all fuck. I got a battery from Sprints, big heavy duty one for $65. My temp gauge doesnt work either. I got a ZZ/Z cluster and only my speedo, tacho and oil press. works. My fuel gauge kinda works and they all move when my indicator is on. Im pulling it out tomorrow to see if any solders are fucked. Gonna try and get my odometer and trip meter to work too. Yay, fun.
hot1979tdgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

hey pavs,did u get the battery from the sprints at munno para?coz i got 1 from there an it didnt work,its coz their batterys sit there for months.

cheers Daniel
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

Yeah I did. All the ones Ive got from there have worked fine. I wanted a better one, but mum lent me the money cause I sold my decent battery in the TC.

Pavlos
hot1979tdgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

did they replace it or give u the same shit they gave me,oh,ur battery is fine,it must be eletrical
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

Nah I bought the battery outright. It fully charged itself from almost dead by the time I got to the roundabout on Curtis rd, and thats with my stereo on half. Looks like I got a fucking good alternator from u-pull-it.
hot1979tdgemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

lol,yeah good ol u pull it,take it back and exchange it
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bah my new gem just died: FIXED Reply with quote

Theres an absolute mint set of TF/TG SLX velour seats there. If only I had a blue car. Wish I could find some fucking green seats like that. The only place I found some, the guy wanted to charge me $250 for a green slx interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: