HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G180 pointers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: G180 pointers Reply with quote

Im goninig to have a look at a second hand g180 engine, what are the main things I should look out for with this engine? What approximately should the compression be for this engine?
Also what is the proces you go about changing engines rego wise, do you put the engine in and then just tell the RTA and your insurance CO or what?
I wont have to go through regency will I?
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 pointers Reply with quote

first of all i live in VIC so it might or might be relevant to you but...

i have just upgraded to a g180 and i must take my car to Vic Roads so they can sight the engine number. I will have to take my air horns out, connect up a couple of hoses and put the stock air filter back on.

With the insurance all you have to do is tell the fuckers!

I highly recomend that you take it for a drive. Make sure it has water in the radiator. I have been tricked buy this. People with a fucked engine head have taken out the water so it doesnt leak water.
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 pointers Reply with quote

dude, you will have to take it over the pits at regency so they can sus it all out, i think so its not complianced or nething cos i was gonna do it just to swap standard g161 for another, i just said fuck that and didnt tell em, whos gonna know, some cops cant even tell the difference between sohc and dohc in gems. Sam
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: G180 pointers Reply with quote

Hmm interesting. I have been told that a fully worked g200 in a gemi with twin webers and all the good shit will not have to go through regency. Looks like just gemini spares told that to a mate so he would just buy the engine...
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: G180 pointers Reply with quote

in adelaide a g180 and a g200
are leagal swaps you just have to tell rego people and insurance

theres only like 20 hp more froma g161 and the engine it self is the same size

my 2c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: