HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need Rims (Melb)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

ARGH! I need some rims dag nammit. Something like Calibra's or a 5 spoke rim, doesn't have to have tyres, just reasonably cheap.

Let me know, either here of passive_necro@hotmail.com
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

My mate might be selling his exa rims if your interested. I will ask him tonight how much???
Where bouts in Melb?

Cheers
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

yeah do it do it do it i need rims. Im in Mooroolbark, you might not have heard of it, is about 40 mins drive from the city, so i can travel i'm not fussed. Let me know. Do Exa rims fit on a gemi?
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

They fit straight on. they look good too...
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

I just found a price. He wanted $259 but i bargained him down to $200.
Im in Dandy.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Nice, give me a pic and i'll let ya know. Are the rims in Dandy? I will arrange to come have a look before Christmas, what size are they, do they have rubber on em. Lol give me some info.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

is this them?
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/marketplace/UsedCarDetail.asp?ID=2388239&Criteria=%40Make%3D%27NISSAN%27%2C+%40Model%3D%27EXA%27%2C+%40OrderBy%3D%27P2%27&NoOfRecs=7&PageNo=1&chkRows=500
Are they rims with hubby's on em?
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Also... Stupid forum doesn't let you edit posts.

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=429 <=== is that your gemi? If so what hubcaps are those, and what rims are they on, what 15" rims fit onto a gemi that have hub caps?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

The Exa's are an alloy rim. There's a Wagon down here in Cranbourne with them on and it looks OK.

Sam's Gem has modified Commodore Interceptors and the caps are off a VR or VS Acclaim.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Yeah, im not a big fan of them, dunno how they would look on a gemi.

I am thinking of getting some interceptors, how much would it cost to get them redrilled to suit a gemi??
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Try Ajax Rims or Eastern Wheel Works.
Ajax I think are in Moorabbin.
Eastern used to be in Bayswater but I think have moved up to Kinglake.

Yonnee.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Thanks Yon, i'll give em a call tomorrow coz they are closed now, found Ajax, they are under Ajax Motor Wheels, couldn't find Eastern Wheel Works tho.
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

ONLYA4 - they are the rims on that white exa. (Thanks Racegem)
They have tyres i dont know how good they are.
Also Ajax wheels charge $100 per interceptor rim( For 15Inch) plus you have to supply 4 14 inch interceptors.
If you want 14 inch interceptors they range any where from $50 a set to $200 a set.
The $200 set are of the BMW's that why you pay so much but they are the best fit for a gemini. also the holes are also they best. The other Interceptors are more of any oval shape.

Let me know if you want the exa's cos i was gonna post them on here, but if you wanna take a look i wont put them on here.

Cheers
Sam
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Sorry also the exa rims are 14ich.
Yes that is my gem.

Cheers
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Need Rims (Melb) Reply with quote

Sam (Menace), love the look of your car. Simple modifications, Detailed to the max, Very Cool. Do you still have it? Would like to see it in the flesh some day.

Sam (ONLYA4), you provide a 14" rim with a 4 x 100 PCD and a centre bore as close to 57mm as possible (but obviously not smaller), and they separate the centre from the outer rim. Then they weld the old centre into a new outer 15" rim that has a deeper centre well to match the 14". You can tell them the offset you want too, within reason. Eastern Wheel Works quoted about $90 about 2 years ago. I'll see if I can find their new name and number. There was a recent article on them in 4WD Monthly.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: