HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Trouble with rims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixgoldgem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Trouble with rims Reply with quote

Hey guys
im new to this gemini forum and am just about to purchase a TG Gemini. Im going to spray it the new ford blood orange in colour and hopefully have the ride sitting on VT calias international rims do you think this is possible without doing any huge modification to the car..im getting the stud patern changed at an engineers so i can use the 5 stud rims. I am going to find the off-set tomoz of the rims. i have many geminis tg's with 17inch rims and about 8inch wide, but i spose it all comes down to the off-set?....help would be really good becuase this is a modification i really want to do as it looks really pimpin...

cheers guys
shaun
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble with rims Reply with quote

If you lower it too much they might scrape the front guards so you might have to get them lipped. Gene would know cause hes running that size wheel on his Gemini.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble with rims Reply with quote

I have 17's with 225s on the back (even dummy fitted a set of 245 tyres the other day and they made just fit, but would probably scrub on the inside with a load). They dont scrub srub with an adjustable panny rod. Front is fine aswell, offset +38 and thats with the hub in the standard place. The car isnt super low, but the tyres do sit just under the gaurds and they havent scrubbed yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: