HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Missing when Running

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ge_mini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Missing when Running Reply with quote

I own a 82 tf gemini which has had a bit of work done to it carb, cam etc. But recentally it has developed a problem, it now sounds like it is missing and splutters alot and dosen't idle. But then as soon as the engine is put under load ie. going uphill or accelerating in runs perfectly fine. It splutters a little initialy but then picks up just like it always has.Iv checked the vaccume advance and the timming etc and all are ok Any ideas on what the problem is would be greatly appreaciated,
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing when Running Reply with quote

is the primary/secondary mixture screw still in the carb as they can shake loose and fall out over time, or can fall out in minutes if pretty fucked
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing when Running Reply with quote

i agree with the nutman. it would have something to do with your carby. its got to do with your tuning or that bastard of a carby needs rekitting. if its a weber or a holley, the rebuild kits are around the 50 dollar mark last time i checked. and another problem that it could be is that it is a gemini - at a guess Razz
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Missing when Running Reply with quote

I had a similar prob with my gem - check your points. Mine had become badly pitted after about 1000km. The missing was most noticable when just cruising around - once load was applied it was ok (until they got really fucked). Something else to check anyway.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing when Running Reply with quote

could also be in the dizzy in the top of it with the points they were away
my mates the points in the dizzy had formed a spike almost and the top of the dizzy was fucked big time got a new one of each and was back to normal

also check your plug gaps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: