HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemini_84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: turbo Reply with quote

looking at putting a T66 turbo on my gemini does anyone know how much boost i'd be able to run it's going on a 2ltr engin...thanx
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

if the engine is stock not a whole lot
5psi for it to last a while
from what ive heard anyway
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

IF it were me, i would run like 12 till it blew Very Happy its only a g-series Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

no fully rebuilt the engin it's not evan the orginal engin in the car
gemini_84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

no thanx i love my gemini
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

With a T66 no more than 10psi. They are friggin huge and a gemi 2L would have a very hard time giving it enough air. Would be so laggy that it wouldnt really even get on boost till 6000rpm, and they make their best power at about 18psi which I dont think a g series could push that much air at all. Try something smaller.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

yeah i wasthignking the same. a turbo that big on a small engine like the g200, you will be valve bouncing b4 it boosts LOLOL
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

yeah i wasthignking the same. a turbo that big on a small engine like the g200, you will be valve bouncing b4 it boosts LOLOL
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

err, ok.. if u loved it u would build the engine to suit a turbo aplication..
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

would go great for torque if you get a T3 Turbine off a VL, and get the T66 front wheel and compressor cover on it,

boost earlier and push harddddddd!!!
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

t66 on a 2lt gemini engine will be the biggest waste of a turbo. i wanted to do that to my supra wich is twin turbo ant the t66 blows more than the 2 stock turbos of the supra, they said u need internal work. lets say u put the t66 on the gemini some how, the 2lt wont make enuf exhaust gas to spin the fuckin turbo to get any kind of boost. maybe when u redline it ull get like 4 pounds. lol
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

and by the way im sure the t66 will cost more than the gemini and what do u think ur gona run the turbo with? stock carby or sumthing?
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

Suck through...
Suck straight through the fuel lines from the tank that is...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

BBAHAHAHHAHA LOLOLOLOL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo Reply with quote

Att: Turboy i can get a 3ltr skyline engin there the same as a VL that should creat enough power to suit the trubo if my calulations are right all that needs is the manifold to be custom made to suit the turbo and if i'm right and do it this way the turbo should start up at about 3000 to 3500 RPM but i'm still not sure how much boost i can run if i was to change this engin to the skyline engin then it's back to my orignal question how much boost can or will i be able to run on a 3ltr engin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: