HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Revheads Write Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Revheads Write Up Reply with quote

Wow. What a weekend. We left my house for Narrogin at 7pm, as I had hoped to. Five Gemi's and Bryan in a Ute. A below limit run kept us safe, and our engines cool, and we rocked up around 9pm. Our spot for the weekend was soon found, and we set up camp. Drinking started about 10 minutes after getting out of the car too. Friday night is basically a chance to set up and down some booze, otherwise, there are no events held.
Some of us stayed up till the early hours of saturday, while others piked early. Some of us went easy on the drinks, while others, drank too much and soon found themselves lying in the dirt. Yes, you know who you are, but we wont mention names Smile
Waking up Saturday morning, at 6am, after 5 hours sleep was not good. It was 4 hours before the burnouts, and seediness stopped the early morning drinking. At least the pano was comfy.
Eventually we all woke up, had a feed, and a chat, while waiting for the burnouts to begin. 10am, drinks started flowing again.
We went over for the first heat of the burnout comp, and I personally was not dissapointed. We all had a laugh at the strugglers, and big cheers for the strong cars, Holden, Ford or other. The first 20 cars came through, and we headed back to camp to refill our drinks.
A walk was taken in this time to check out the scene, and we soon discovered a Black, 253 powered Gemi built for the burnout comp. A little bit more of a walk also showed a 350 powered Gemi. We grabbed some pics, and made sure to be at the heats they were scheduled for. Unfortunately, the black gemi didnt do too well, while the 350 gemi put on a really good show.
Modifications on the cars out there are beyond belief. As the cars are unlicenced, anything goes. If an angle grinder could be taken to it, it was. If a V8 couldnt be fitted in it, and angle grinder was taken to it, and the V8 slotted in.
We checked out a few more heats, as well as some spear a spud events. A lot of the arvo was spent drinking and eating at the camp site. The search for boobies never died, with every girl walking past gettin a good look.
Soon enough, the 'Miss Revheads' competition was about to begin, and we headed over for front row veiwing. The local band came out, and played really well, but soon enough the crowd was chanting for the ladies. The comp had some really lovely girls, though things did get fairly nasty half way in, and a few of us left early.
Once again, some piked it early, while others some how managed to stay standing and keep to contents of their stomachs in place. Random drunks were coming passed and saying hello, and a few dumb pricks that couldnt handle their piss were off starting fights (These people were not at all associated with Western Gems).
Waking up, again at 6am on sunday, we all had a bit more of a chat, a walk, and a feed. The dust on my car was soon used as a canvas for 'Show us yer tits' slogans and logos, and we went on a cruise through the arena. Unfortunately, all the women were sober, and our plan failed, tho we did get a good response from those walking around.
Everybody was quite happy to go check out different events, from the burnouts to the engine blows, to the spear a spud. After watching spear a spud for about 10 minutes, I decided to have a go. After a great start, I soon realised I didn't know where to go, and my time flew out the window. 1:29 wasnt too bad for a first timer though.
I decided to have a look at it done properly, and make sure I knew the course before doing it a second time. Unfortunately, the spuds were not been speared, and although the driving was a lot better, we were not able to get a decent time. The 1 minute 9 seconds was still a vast improvement.
After watching me, Chris and Aaron pooled some money together and had a go as well. They didn't do too well, and like me, got lost. Tho Aaron seemed to have fun thrashing his tyres. Chris had a go at driving his car, and managed an astounding 49 second pass with Aaron spearing. Well done Chris.
After that, the tiredness and lack of showers had kicked in, and we decided to leave around 12:30. We cruised into town to fuel up, and then left. After getting on the main road back to Perth, I overtook a 4x4, as did Cezar. unfortunately, the local Police saw this, and due to the fact a truck was coming the other way, decided to pull us up. I was breathalized, and told that I had not done anything wrong. Unfortunately Cezar was fined for 'unsafe overtaking'. Thankfully, they were country cops, and they were pretty decent. Cezar was let off a $100 fine for no P plates, and istead catuioned.
We got back to my house around 3:30 and unfortunately, were unable to transfer the pictures to my computer. As such, you will have to wait to see.

Thank you to all that came. Thank you to Bryan for bringing the BBQ, I hope you all had a Stabtabulous weekend, and I hope to see you all down there again next year. But until then.... Well, just keep checking the forum.
Adam
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Revheads Write Up Reply with quote

hahaha STABTABULOUS that was clasic u had to be there...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: