HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

permits for extractors and webber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wannerooderro
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

last weekend i got yellow stickered for having no permits for my extractors and webber i was just wondering if any could give me a general price to get these permits and also any tips before i run my car through the pit's the car is in top end nic so it's not a shit box !!!!

cheers
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

First...
What state are you in? What model car is it? Tell us the month and year stamped on the compliance plate. Regulations differ state to state and date of manufacture..

I think they must have disliked you to defect on such a petty issue.

The only way I imagine they could have defected for such a reason is on grounds of altered pollution equipment and that also depends on what model car and the ADR specs on it's compliance plate.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
wannerooderro
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

Im in western austrailia the model is a 1984 tg like i said the car is is in mint nic no oil leakes everything has been pressure tested only problem was there was a blitz down at a place called scarbrough beach and yellow stickers where give out to all cars that pretty much that had a grunt !!!!! they said the only reason they gave me the sticker was bacause i didnt have any permits for the mod's.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

they said the only reason they gave me the sticker was bacause i didnt have any permits for the mod's...
translation:
We have a quota to acheive and you look like a good victim. We don't expect you to fight us on this so here you go... enjoy your stay on our beach!

I'll see what I can find on your state rules. Being '84 you have a car that does have specific pollution requirements BUT that isn't the reason they gave you... simply that the mods were without a permit. No permits available for defeating pollution controls so logic says that isn't the issue.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

Ok, after reading through some info on the WA Govt web site I came across this document:

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/forms/vehmodapp.pdf

which seems to indicate the need for an application to be made if modifying exhaust systems. Take note that it specifically states at the beginning of the form that all ADR specs must be adhered to when making mods. This would mean you cannot alter pollution control systems in a manner that would make them less effective than they were designed for at manufacture. You can however improve to a later ADR standard. Keep in mind any mods may require that you prove you have kept to the requirements and that would mean having an EPA test performed on your car. This is an expensive test!

More info available by searching this site.
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au

Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

Dood I live in WA too. Just put ya car over the pits and it'll pass without the permits. If the guys give u any hassle at the pits let me know and i'll get something organised in Mandurah for ya to get ya yellow sticker off

Josh WA
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: permits for extractors and webber Reply with quote

wannerro derrro get someone to mode you old gemini air cleaner to fit the weber and then you will passs fugging easy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: