HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VENTILATED DISK BRAKE KIT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: VENTILATED DISK BRAKE KIT Reply with quote

I have some ventilated disk brake kits using 240mm diameter ventilated rotors. This kit is designed to replace your existing solid front rotors with ventilated ones, whilst retaining your factory twin piston calipers. This is a bolt on kit using brand new rotors, with all parts supplied.

In summary, the rotor is virtually the same diameter as the standard solid rotor, except it is ventilated, which means it is thicker than the standard rotor. The caliper mounts in the same location, using the exact same method as standard, except due to the increase in thickness of the rotor, the caliper needs spacer plates inside the unit to increase the passage that the rotor passes through.

The ventilated rotor allows the heat absorbed by the brake componentry during braking, to be dissipated at a higher rate. This lowers component temperature, and increases the assembly's resistance to brake fade.

This type of upgrade would be ideal for weekend club sprints, rallys, etc, or for when a brake upgrade is specified by an auto engineer if an engine is installed that is heavier or has more horsepower than the original.

Due to the use of the standard caliper, a change in brake bias is not an issue. Brake balance therefore remains as good as factory.

The installation is literaly a bolt in job. Remove the wheel bearing dust cover, undo the nut retaining wheel bearing, slide hub off, unbolt standard rotor, bolt on ventilated rotor, unbolt caliper, seperate two halves, install spacers, bolt everything back together and bleed brakes.

Kits consist of:

2 x 240mm diameter brand new ventilated disks - machined, drilled and tapped so bolts to standard gemini hub,
4 x laser cut caliper spacers - mount inside gemini caliper to allow fitment over ventilated disk, no modifications involved, simple bolt in procedure,
4 x genuine Holden rubber seals for spacers,
8 x longer high tensile (grade Cool bolts for calipers to allow for spacer thickness
simple to follow fitting instructions are provided so anyone can fit this kit with basic tools.

Price is $280 per kit with brand new rotors.

As I know some people will ask, slotted rotors will be about $500 for a kit, and cross drilled and slotted will be around the $600-$650 mark. Obviously standard rotors are a lot cheaper.

If you want photos, or have any technical questions, let me know.

wight@giant.net.au

Ben Wight
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VENTILATED DISK BRAKE KIT Reply with quote

Ben,
How are you? Can you plz send me some pics to menace355@hotmail.com.

As i have the cross drilled and sloted brakes at home just gotta fined the time to put them on. Also i wasnt clear bout what you were saying bout the spacers??
Also what pads would you recommend???

Cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VENTILATED DISK BRAKE KIT Reply with quote

ben can u send me some information and lets talk some business
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: