HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

i am in the process of getting the gemini turboed, so i thought that maybe one of you guys off this site might be trying to sell there turbo gear to get a re-spray or have some turbo gear laying around your garages and could do with a re-spray so why not trade i thought, much easier than doing it the hard way, if anyone is interested in doing a trade for their turbo gear i can give them a full inside and out re-spray in ANY colour they want (not the FX change-colour paint though) as its around $700 per LT. and would have to compare the gear to whats involved with the car (in other words if you got turbo gear and want a re-spray and the car you want sprayed is a piece of junk its no deal) (common sense...hey on here you get some weird people)
so yeh thats about it...if use have any ???? just ring/sms or reply here..
Steve 0421646875
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

Hey steve, where are u located? i am interested in getting my coupe sprayed and i thought u might be able to give me a quote on a paintjob, engine bay body doors boot n bonnet? i was wondering how much it would be for mazda mx6 gold paint? i will travel if the price is right. cya later mate nathan
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

i would have to see pics of it at least, so i know how much work is involved in it but if its in mint condition and the paint on it at the moment hasnt got any crows feet or anything like that and no rust etc etc it would be ROUGHLY and i mean roughly around $1500...
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

and thats a rough quote for the most expensive paint like xr6 turbo blue...(blueprint mica)
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

why so expensive? is the paint pearl? it is a coupe and it will be sanded and primed, with no windows, i need this as cheap as i can get it, but i want a nice shiny paint job like i had on my last gem. get back to me man, maybe if i suply some gear aswell? email me at i_love_fat_chix@hotmail.com and i will send u some pics of the coupe. cya nathan
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

ok i want mx6 gold, my car need to be straightened aswell can u take a few dings out. just minor ones i will send u pics of the dings and of the whole car.
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

i thought you said it was sanded and primed already... dude the blue print mica has heaps of pearl in it and there is a shit load of hrs involved in painting a car inside and out...it takes a full 3 weeks...
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: expensive? Reply with quote

Dude, thats hell cheap!

A no body work respray is usually around 3-4 grand. No engine bay! around 5 with the bay. However not everyone wants show stuff. If its straight, clean and an even finish for 1500 bucks. GRAB IT!

mooch
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: thats crap! Reply with quote

My brothers mate's sisters bf can do a full respray in ppg harlequin, inside and engine as well, back to bare metal in 2 days for 500 bucks.

So your just a rip off.

mooch
GEM13B
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: thats crap! Reply with quote

Im a spraypainter myself. I did up a VN commodore , painted it BLUE PRINT blue mica wiv blue and purple pearl and glitter in it. to strip the car repair it and paint the kit and the car in and out NOT ENGINE BAY 3 days... BUT im not bagging SLIMER my mate brought a green RX3/808 SLIMER did and it was a quick job but came out looking good...

A usually no repair just paint job is bout $2000 so if ur getting a respray just for giving him some parts your getting a good deal guyz and girls.........
SORRY ABOUT LONG POST
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: expensive? Reply with quote

i might have to wait a while cause i dont have enough cash, i will get all the dints out and prime it up and we will work from there.
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

yer well thats blue print mica, i am after mazda mx6 gold paint. 1500 is a good price tho where are u. cause i am in north qld in townsville i will have to trailor the car to u. but if it will take 3 weeks i can't do it. cause i have work.
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: thats crap! Reply with quote

i think ur brothers mate's sisters boyfriend is full of shit it takes a good 2 days to take a car inside and out back to bare metal and thats with 3-4 people bair in mind you also have to prime it then sand the primer and ppg harliquin is hard as to paint and costs $700-800/liter
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: thats crap! Reply with quote

lol, dude, a lil sarcasm. Trust me i know how much work is involved in building a car. www.geocities.com/mygemi

cheers
mooch.
SLIMER
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TRADE FULL RE-SPRAY any colour 4 turbo parts Reply with quote

dude not many people know how long it takes to do a full re-spray, if you can re-spray a whole car inside and out including the engine bay and do it PROPERLY from start to finish (not prepared at all) and BY YOURSELF, as i do them by myself in 3 days ill give you everything i own...it is absoluetly impossible,
Steve and the cheapest ive heard the harliquin paint going for is $500 per litre...so anyone that thinks they can do it any cheaper is full of shit..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: