HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

amp wont turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

i think i broke it. it has 2 stages of on, a red light, then a green light. i think the red light means protect, as thats whats written underneath it. when power is on an it only stays on the red light, and doesnt fully turn on with the green light.

anyone know the problems?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

Check your earth to the body, also check if the power and earth wires on the amp are properly connected.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

check d auto turn on dat goes from headunit 2 amp
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

First things first, check your power, earth and remote wires, then replace the fuse on your amp. Then check ALL your speaker wiring and make sure it's not cracked, broken or otherwise shorting anywhere. My money's on your speaker wires shorting the amp out however. Hope this helps. Cheers Smile
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

ahhh, it cant be the speaker wires, i tried it with it all disconnected, i even tried to run the amp straight off the battery, and the same results occured.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

aahh its all good, i dunno wat it was but its good now!!! cheers for all the help guys.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

are you running terminals on the ends of the wire or just fat wire to the amp?? if just wire you could have a stray tread going to the body of the amp and shorting it out... maybe clean up your power wires....
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

Although it is working now, take some time to work out what was wrong. Something you changed has fixed the fault.
Next time you may not be so lucky.

A cooked audio unit or a burning car.... endless opportunities!!

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
kelvin
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: amp wont turn on Reply with quote

heres another way had the same problem try your sub wires around the other way?! and turn down the amp settings had the same prob when installing in girlfriends it seemed to work!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: