HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

metrinch spanners
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

just got a set today and they are awesome. i highly recomend them to anyone looking for good tools
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

sidchrome is the only way to go Smile
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

You wouldnt say that if you had tried them.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

tried what?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Sidchrome..PFFFT! Reply with quote

Maybe the old Sidchrome. Now they're owned by Stanley Tools, manufactured overseas, and only come with a 5 year warranty!
Kincrome!! Come in three levels.
Chrometech: Cheap, cheap, 12mth warr.
Supatool: Home workshop quality, Lifetime warr.
Kincrome: Professional Quality, Lifetime warr.

Or if you want the best, T&E Tools, or Snap-on.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

i have sid chrome ones, but a panelbeater at my old work had king chrome ones from memory, n they had the little ratchet in them, so cool, no more sockets needed ay
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sidchrome..PFFFT! Reply with quote

yea exactly snap on are the best, but they cost a fortune but you always pay for quality, best thing is if u break it they replace it
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

I thought about buying some but thought they looked a bit gimicky.
SnapOn all they way.
GemDunger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sidchrome..PFFFT! Reply with quote

Stahwillie (however its spelt) make nice wrenches too. Lovely balance and feel.
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sidchrome..PFFFT! Reply with quote

i would have to say FACOM are the best tools ive used but they are probably the most expensive.
Stanly didnt buy sidchrome, stanly is to sidchrome as bluepoint is to snap-on. Proto bought sids.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Cost? Reply with quote

Hey,

Im looking at getting a nice set of spanners and a socket set. Cause right now im using my dads toolkit, which is supatool but just has all the shit chucked into it, not in order and its really shittin me.

How much would i be payin for a set of spanners and a set of sockets, something good quality with a lifetime warrenty (fuck the tool box shit with like a screwdriver and stuff in them)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cost? Reply with quote

i bought a set of sidchrome spanners 6mm to 19mm for either $95 or $110

yeah i would rather blue snap-on or blue point know

my socket set is ETC there not bad but they corrode after 12 months
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: metrinch spanners Reply with quote

Ive tried the metrinch and Snap-On, And I'd say the metrinch are a better spanner. They always get a good hold on the nut (or bolt) and even get the ones you rounded off putting them on.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cost? Reply with quote

Sam,
Supatool are fine, even if you're using them all the time. You can pick-up a 1/2" socket set that goes from 10mm to 32mm & 3/8" to 1 1/4" with ratchet, two extensions, and a universal joint for around $200.00.
Autobarn in Cranbourne has a Kincrome catalogue out at the moment, I can get you a copy if you like.

Yonnee.

p.s. How'd the grille go?
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cost? Reply with quote

Hey Yon,

I'll go down to AutoBarn have a look, i just thought i would get an estimate first from you guys. Thanks.

Yeah, the grille's great, thanks mate. Just had to do a bit of modification to the connections on the end as mine had different ones (i think due to blinkers not parkers). When i get a roll of film and some more changes on the gem i'll put some pics of it up, looks mint. Thinkin about respraying the slats black, make it all like new, will when i have time.

Cheers guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: