HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: MAGS STOLLEN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

MORNING ALL,
TODAY I GOT AN UNPLEASANT PHONE CALL FROM MY MECHANIC SAYING MY MAGS HAD JUST BEEN STOLLEN FROM MY GEMI. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE ADELAIDE AND THE HILLS ARE A SMALL PLACE AND WORD TRAVELLS. THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP.

I AM AKSING ALL GEMI OWNERS TO LOOK OUT FOR THESE RIMS FOR ME. THEY ONLY SUITE GEMI'S (DUE TO OUR WEIRD ASS STUD PATTERN) AND ARE PRETTY EASY TO SPOT.

THE RIMS ARE "PERFORMANCE ALLOYS, 'TEMPEST'"in HYPERCHROME COLOUR. THEY ARE 15"x6.5" WEARING BRAND NEW KUMHO 712'S.

If any one spots them, knows about rims for sale or is approached by some one, could you please contact me immediately on 0438 818 936 or you can email me at rnegade@hotmail.com.

I just hope it wasn't some one from the SA GEMI CLUB. If i get them back, it will be no questions asked... I just want my rims back. -A reward my also be paid.

Thank you for your help.

Rob Homes.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

weird stud pattern?

dude, 90% of the cars on the road could be rollin around on your wheels, charades, gemis, camiras, lantra, bmw's, 4wd lasers, etc. alot of 4cyl cars have 4 x 100 stud pattern.

im just saying dont get your hopes up, and keep your eyes out on other cars too.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

i can tell you dude
you aint getting them back unless they are fuckwits who live down the street from you and they tell your mates

cause say you do see a car with them on you go up and go where did you get these from

they go i bought them of a guy i knew
or from a shop
you cant prove that they havnt

only chance you got if you claim them off the mechanics insurance
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

sux shit were are the wheel lock nuts when you need them
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

locknuts are fucking useless! You need to have the 'key' nut thing in the car anyway incase you get a flat!
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

thats why most people hide the key.......
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

Me best friend recently bought a new gemini and the bloke forgot to give us the lock nut key socket, it took us an average of probably 1 minute to get each lock nut off by using 'special methods'. Just like alarms and everything else, they don't stop anything, if someone wants to steal something of yours, they will... The only hope for such things as lock nuts and alarms etc is that they will either slow someone down enough to get caught (yeah right), or they will deter petty theives (stupid little teenage shits who just think it's cool to nick shit).

Anyway, my point is, sure locknuts are worth the $20 they are for a set, but I wouldn't place too much importance or trust on them.
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

for the record, lock nuts were on them, like some one said, they mean nothing. i have gotten my own wheels off without using the nutt before. the nutt was in my shed... some where.

i didnt know so many cars had the same pattern and off set. i knew beamers had them but, bloody hell.

i am giving the work shop 1 month to sort it out, then i will get a quote from a couple of places and start from there. the mechanics have been real dick heads about working my car so i ain't in no hurry to talk to them, just to get my car back now.

if any one out there has some rims that would wanna get rid of in a month that could be handy. i will post back when the time comes.

thanks all,

-Rob-.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: MAGS STOLLEN Reply with quote

I got a set, i want them gone asap. 13" 5 spoke with scrapes on 2 of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: