HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new shit sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: new shit sucks Reply with quote

Hey, i got the recon 1600 in to the TE and swaped over the four speed for a 5sd. anyway, the engine goes great guns, but the gearbox is shit. when you get to firth it starts to whine a bit and it doesnt go into reverse, it just crunches. can only get it into reverse when engine isnt running.
Im pretty sure the 5th gear noise is just a fucked bearing in there somewhere and the reverse is just a nice chewed up gear!

Anyone had any experience with this sorta shit and wanna shot me some advice?
tunnel vision
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: new shit sucks Reply with quote

My 5sp is similar, Bearing noise in 2,3,5. And it is a good box so the wreckers said, Yeah, good for about 1000ks. Talked to the trans bloke who does my commo trans servicing and he said definately bearings and probly shaft wear. So the other box is going there to be pulled down and repaired this week. Ya save heaps if they don't have to touch the car. You probly have a knackered reverse selector in the box too.
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: new shit sucks Reply with quote

sweet, let me know what went on down there and how much it cost ya!
Thanks bud - Daniel
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new shit sucks Reply with quote

all my geminis have never gone into reverse easily eithre, ive allways had to go put in in 1st, 2nd then revers and it goes in fine, i guess it just frees up the linkages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: